Overall, I give this hotel an excellent! The plusses are:
1) Free breakfast including waffles! (my personal favorite)
2) Nice spacious rooms
3) Each suite has a microwave and refrigerator
4) They try harder to please their customers more than any other hotel I've been to recently.
Prior to choosing this hotel, I read my fellow TripAdvisors' reviews. Several people mentioned the traffic noise since this facility is right next to a freeway. When we arrived I requested a room on the opposite side and it was nice and quiet. When I went to get ice, there was a window there where you can look out onto the freeway. The freeway noise was very muffled, so I'm not sure it would have mattered.
We filled out the suggestion sheet that is in the room. The next day I got an email from the Assistant General Manager, Yvette Perez. I wrote our suggestions to her, that the toilet and facial tissues were quite coarse, and that they needed a microwave in the breakfast area. Ms. Perez responded that she would forward my message to the General Manager, Rheta Gray. Ms. Gray responded within the day. She said:
"Recently, American Hotel Registry discontinued the paper products we use for our guest rooms. The replacement they found for us does not meet our standards as well. This will be something we can change and will on our next order."
We stayed two nights and when we returned from Glen Ivy Spa at 4:55 pm we found our room had not been made. I called and discovered that I had left the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on our door. The maids shifts ended at 5 pm and a maid showed up within a couple of minutes and made up our room! We were very pleased.
We also requested a late check-out which was extended by an hour to 1 pm, which was very convenient to us. So they have proven to us that they try hard to please the customer.
In reading the reviews of this hotel, someone mentioned the difficulty they had trying to get back onto the freeway. You have to turn right onto Ontario Ave and flip a U-turn to get to the I-15 on-ramps.
If you cut through Home Depot to California Ave (or turn right onto Old Temescal Road if you don't want to go through the parking lot), you can turn left onto Ontario Ave and avoid having to flip a U-turn.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and it was the best price I found near Glen Ivy Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated SpringHill Suites Corona is located off the I-15 with close proximity to Eagle Glen Golf Course, Champions Club at the Retreat, Dos Lagos Golf Course Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos, Glen Ivy Hot Springs, AAA Auto Club Speedway, and just 25 miles from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. Suite amenities include microwave, mini frig, coffee maker, work desk, & I-Pod docking station alarm clock. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary parking, free Wi-Fi, fitness center, and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Corona Riverside Hotel Corona