“Really nice propery, would return again!”

SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Northern California
“Really nice propery, would return again!”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stopped for one night here during our Nevada-Southern California road trip before heading onto Disneyland the next day.

We were very pleased with the service of the front desk staff, and with the rooms themselves. The room was more like a studio apartment, and was large enough to accomodate our family of four. The Internet was wifi & wired, both of which worked good.

The room was quiet, but we were on the opposite end of the building from the I-15 freeway. Not sure how loud the road may be in rooms closer.

They had breakfast in the lobby, which was free, and I felt it was fine for our needs, and saved some $$$ from having to buy breakfast elsewhere.

The outdoor pool and spa was nice - I used it to relax after driving from Nevada (~300 miles), although the freeway is nearby and can be loud.

The one thing that could use some attention was the room's A/C / heat system - ours worked okay in the room we were in, but our in-laws who were in the room next door could not get theirs to cool, only heat which made the room really toasty.

Although this is a business-type hotel, I'd stay here again with my family. The hotel in itself is not a destination, but rather a good stopping point if your on a trip, or there for business.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My colleague and I were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very clean, safe and convenient. After an early and long flight, a longer day with cleints, it is nice to NOT have to worry about the hotel.
This is a very reliable hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Nice hotel and comfortable rooms. Nice to have the sitting area and refrigerator. My one complaint would be the noise from the freeway. I was given what the desk clerk said was a "quiet room away from the freeway" and I heard the traffic noise all night. Also could hear quite a bit of noise from the room above mine so the rooms were not soundproofed all that well.

Hotel staff was helpful and the complimentary breakfast was good. The room rate was fine, and the free wifi in the rooms was much appreciated.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
OTOdevelopment, Regional Director of Operations at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thanks for sharing your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts and impressions of the hotel. If we can be of further service please let us know. Again, thanks for choosing the Corona Springhill Suites.
Orange County, CA
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed here with 40 other girlfriends for a retreat and it was better than expected!!! (not that I expected anything bad....) The lobby was super hip and the front desk was awesome at fast check in and friendly attitudes. The rooms also felt very updated and clean. There is a small refer in the room as well as a sink and coffee maker. The bathrooms were very spacious. We had 2 full or queen beds in the room and pull out sofa. I will say that the sofa bed wasn't particularly comfortable....but are they ever?? The pull out came with fresh sheets/blankets/pillows. All in all I will totally stay there again and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Olympic Peninsula
Reviewed August 21, 2010

If you fancy living inside an ant colony, this is the place for you! We studied the advance and growth of our own colony of ants, from the first explorers to the onset of immigrant waves. What a thrill!

And if you like Greek Comedies, with both laughter and pathos, have laundry done- at $85 for 8 pieces, it is a triumph of humor! When your clothes are lost, in the hotel office, where you can see them but the desk zombie can't- that is an adept statement of the human condition in Corona. And when a piece of laundry is ruined- well, you cry.

If you have any friends with whom you want to break off, recommend this hotel to them!

It is indeed a hidden gem- the real estate people must have a vendetta against left turns- getting to the hotel is easy, but just try getting back onto I-15- no left turns mean you have to be creative- good luck!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank exechobo
Corona, California
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I had my publisher visit from Van Nuys. A quick stop, utilitarian in nature. Offered was a quiet and exceptionally clean room for a good price. Completely respectable, very well designed and a good use of space. Will refer again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
CA
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here 2 nights for softball tournament, and this hotel gave us a great softball association discount on room rate: $79 a night (included breakfast in hotel's dining area off lobby, free parking & free wireless Internet access).

Hotel is right next to the I-15 in Corona. You can hear the traffic from parking lot, but once inside hotel, you can't really hear traffic. The lobby decor is very calming, in hues of blue & green, clean with modern furniture. There was a line to check-in and only 1 person at front desk, but he was very friendly & told everyone he would be with us as soon as he could. Check-in was easy & smooth.

We had a 2-bed suite, which meant sleeping area was separated from living area by a wall. Sleeping area was standard in size, but it did include a nice-sized walk-in closet with extra pillows, iron & ironing board. Between sleeping & living areas was a flat-screen TV, which you could swivel to face either area, a great feature. I could still watch TV while my kid was sleeping, but light from TV screen was diverted away from sleeping area.

The living area wasn't huge. It was compact, but it included a desk & desk chair, a loveseat & chair, coffe table, wet bar, microwave & fridge. The loveseat was a full-sized sofa sleeper, so if you had to, you could sleep 6 in the room. Having the separate living area & desk was nice so I could conduct business while my kid slept.

I could see I-15 from our window, but did not hear traffic during the night. Door was a bit thin. I could hear the elevator ding (but not frequently), as well as people talking in the hallway. Beds & pillows were very comfy. Air conditioning was a bit loud, so I turned the thermostat up.

The bathroom was a decent size & very clean. Bath towels were a little thin, not plush. Vanity area was not huge, but sufficient.

Breakfast was ok with cereal, bagels, toast, danish, waffles, fruit (apples, bananas), yogurt. There is no meat on weekends. We had biscuits & gravy, which was just ok.

Saw (but didn't use) business center (computer), gym, pool & hot tub (both very small) & snack store (water, soda, candy, snacks). Staff members were very friendly, smiling & helpful.

I would definitely return. It was very clean, much quieter than I thought, and they offered the best rate around!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family