“Nice Atmosphere - Should I Stop Now?”
Review of Citrus City Grille

Citrus City Grille
Ranked #5 of 372 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

High-end dining with À la carte Menu with average cost of about $65 dollars per person plus drinks. Early 4:30 after-movie dining at a time when the restaurant was 3/4's empty and our appointed server had maybe two other tables. Our server was friendly but disinterested in serving us. The famous bread - forgot it. Cracked pepper for the salads - forgot it. Refills on soft drinks and water - forgot it. Prepared dishes waiting for delivery - left for a long time on the counter. Our server; we watched, nonchalantly talking with other staff at the soft drink machine without any regard for her tables. I should point out here that the other servers appeared to be very attentive and professional - Just not ours. The Cuisine? Oh yeah the food... When a restaurant's customer service is such a disappointment as we experienced, the meal was simply ruined. It's like asking Mary Todd Lincoln, "How did you like the play?"

1  Thank Ken S

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This COULD be a good restaurant, maybe great. But, at this point, it's pretentious, way overpriced and far too full of itself.

Loooong wait between starters and entrees. Wait staff nowhere to be seen. Nice open kitchen. We could see our platters sitting out cooling with no one bother do do anything.

The steak was good, but, cool. Scallops nicely done.

Beautiful presentations on the platters.

Try the saganaki. A floor show and excellently flavored, but could have used some crackers or something to put it on.

Bathrooms: need attendance.

Nice over all interior design, but noise from bar is powerful into what should be a quiet dining area.

Large, complex wine list with some REALLY overpriced selections.

It's going to take a strong hand to whip this place into something it can become. Is the ambition there???

1  Thank William D
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Citrus Grille is a nice place for brunch, lunch or dinner. I thought it was a little pricey, but not too bad. My wife likes it more than I, but I would recommend it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is to die for! The staff is excellent, they know the menu well. The owner comes out to meet you and make sure that you are happy with the food and service. I have been to this restaurant several times. Every time I go I am very happy with every thing! The atmosphere is just wonderful!
Best food in all of Riverside County & Orange County!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rate this restaurant out of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best a 10+

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the 1st time we made reservations very early, because we had the best time, service and food in the 2 years past. This year we arrived 30 min early, were told our requested table would be ready, then told someone else was sat there, then told wait another hour, then told we cannot have our reserved table because they want to give it to someone else. After they sat us at a way inferior table, no one was sitting at the table we reserved months in advanced. This totally made me upset, so I told the young hostess how upset we were, so finally, after 2 hours, sat us at the empty table we reserved MONTHS in advance. Food was good but not the usual 5 star. So sorry because we thought we had an awesome place for new years for years to come, but I guess we should have just stayed home this year. Not again for a holiday for sure.

Been to Citrus City Grille? Share your experiences!