“Great stay!”
Review of Super 8 Corning

Super 8 Corning
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was super clean. New -ish bedding. The front desk lady was so helpful and had an incredible attitude. Really nice. Pet friendly. Just a really great place To stay.. It's right across the street from The Olive Pit , a Wonderful Olive product Mecca! You can buy anything you desire made from olives and way more!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happyinoregon52117
super8corningca, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a good coment, we really do greatly appreciate it! Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thank You.

Rosa Aguilar
Super 8 Staff

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Omgoodness, what a nice place to stay the night. we will definatly be back one day.. As soon as we checked in we felt like we were special.. the receptionist was great.. In the morning the breakfast was fantastic. and the receptionist in the morning that checked us out.. She was sooooooo sweet.. We really enjoyed our stay with Super 8, the pool was soooo fun.. Thank you all for our wonderful stay...........

Room Tip: NIce rooms, Very Clean.. Comfortable to the max.......
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for actually taking the time to let us know how your stay was here with us. We are extremely happy to hear from you, that your expierence was wonderful! Feel free to stay with us any time you are in Corning Ca. Call us directly for reservation at 530-824-2468! Thank you so much and have a great day.

Rosa Aguilar

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I look at other reviews listing this place as a "great place" and "clean" etc, and I'm totally baffled. Yes, the staff was super friendly. But that said, I can only conclude that some folks must be incredibly easy to please. This Super 8 was dirty (mold spots all over the top of my toilet, as one example), in disrepair, and basic ammenities were either missing or broken. The WiFi was out and couldn't be fixed, the shades in my room wouldn't open and close properly, the air conditioner was so loud, it could be heard from outside the room (not kidding). I'm all for inexpensive roadside hotels ... I've stayed at many, and am not comparing this place to the Four Seasons. Even among inexpensive hotels, this doesn't stack up -- at all. Also, this is the third Super 8 I've stayed in lately where both the breakfast and in-room coffee was undrinkable. Luckily, there is a Starbucks just around the corner. Anyway, unless you're so tired you have to pull over, or for whatever reason, you don't have any choice ... do yourself a favor and drive to the next town and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. This will help us keep our standards higher to satisfy our future guests. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank You and Have a great day.

-Super 8 Staff

Reviewed June 17, 2012

There is nothing bad I can say about our recent stay. The grounds were well kept, the room clean, the bed comfortable, the breakfast adequate, and the friendly faces delightful. The front desk staff was helpful and willing to accommodate in any way that they could. The continental breakfast was just that. Nothing fancy, but the hot waffles were a nice touch. We would definitely stay here in the future! Thank you Corning Super 8, Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was riding from Olympia, WA to So. Cal and stopped for the night in Corning as about 650 miles is all I can take for the day. Karen and Rosa were outstanding! Room was very clean and I could park my bike directly in front. The staff offered me up older towels to clean the miles of bugs off of my Harley. I even got a disount at Casa Ramon, a local Mexican resturant. (That was very good also!) I do not usualy like to stay at chain hotels since they typically are not personal. This is an excdeption. I am sure I'll be staying there again.
Thanks guys, you rock!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rick W
super8corningca, Manager at Super 8 Corning, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us here at the Super 8 In Corning ca. It was our pleasure to have stay here as our guest, and to help out with anything you possibly needed. Our staff is thrilled to have such guest like you stay with us! For your next visit to Corning we would love to have you stay here as our guest again, feel free to call us at 530-824-2468 for future reservations!
Thank you & Have a great day.

-Rosa Aguilar
Super 8 Staff

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were making a run from LA to Eugene on Highway 5, and back again. Reserved a room for first night on the road at the Super 8 in Corning (what!?? SUPER 8???) because of so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I didn't have high expectations (hello, it's a SUPER 8!) but we needed only a clean, safe place to sleep during lonnng driving days.

Everything I read on TripAdvisor was accurate. Room felt very secure. Room was super clean, relatively spacious, beds were carefully made with fresh linens and covers, everything smelled clean and fresh without any kind of overly-room-deodorized smell. We had a great night, it was quiet, the beds were extremely comfortable (we were upstairs, so no noise above us.) In the morning, there was a small breakfast room with a modest but adequate spread.

The night clerk was extremely nice and accommodating, suggesting the upstairs for a quiet sleep. Karen, the day clerk, was lively and funny and helpful; she and the housekeeping ladies helped us locate less expensive gas when they learned we needed to fill-up.

We spent a few days touring campuses, and decided to drive long and late, just in order to come back to the Super 8 Corning (WHAT? who goes out of their way to stay in a SUPER 8??) The night clerk welcomed us back, made sure we got the same rate even though we hadn't made a reservation, and even gave us the same room (our request) from our first stay. The next morning, the breakfast seemed to offer more options than the first visit, so all good.

Don't be put off: this is economical lodging that's right off the highway, with very nice people running and maintaining it (thanks, nice housekeeping ladies) and taking care to accommodate travelers, looking to their comfort and security. Very favorably impressed, and grateful to previous TripAdvisor reviews, without which we never would have stayed here.

PS the posted photos for this site are accurate as to lobby and breakfast room. We thought the guest room where we stayed was more attractive and fresher than the posted photos

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 211 both times because we liked the fact that we could walk up the central stairs...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Recently, I was in Corning, CA cleaning up my grandparents' residence after the previous tenants had been evicted. My family and I were originally planning on staying in the house while we cleaned up and made repairs until we met a family of RATS that had infested the residence and taken over the house EEK !!!! In a last ditch effort, I started calling the few hotels in the immediate vicinity of the property and settled on the Super 8 motel in Corning - and quite honestly - it was because it was actually the cheapest one in the area per night.

Imagine my surprise when it was actually CLEAN and fairly comfortable and reasonably priced. Plus they situated me in a lower level motel room at the end of the building (which I prefer) and free breakfast every morning. They were also very hospitable and accommodating when I needed to stay an extra 2 nights due to the still unsanitary conditions at my grandparents' residence. I could have stayed down the road at the Rolling Hills casino - but my goal was to save money and work on the house - not play (and possibly spend money at said casino). If I ever need to go back in the same dire circumstances - this will be the first place I call.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TJ C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 16 in Red Bluff
The Inn at Rolling Hills
The Lodge at Rolling Hills

Been to Super 8 Corning? Share your experiences!