“Wonderfully pleasant surprise on Interstate 5”

The Lodge at Rolling Hills
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Northern California
“Wonderfully pleasant surprise on Interstate 5”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our compliments to the staff of this lovely hotel. From the young man at the front desk to the very thoughtful maid, Maria, this property is a stand out on I-5. Who would have thought you would find such a nice place to stay in a rural area near Corning. Our room was spacious and well-appointed with a small refrigerator, microwave, love seat and very comfortable king-size bed. Really appreciated the room being so well air conditioned too as it was very hot during our over night stay. The casino has a very good breakfast buffet which was included in our stay. Really good made to order omlettes. Though we didn't use the indoor pool it was a nice feature which is open 24 hrs and has hot tub also. Would certainly stay here again and recommend the Vagabond Inn if you're traveling near Corning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Redding, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and friends have stayed in this lodge, once a month or every 3 months for the past eight years. The rooms always clean and the staff is very nice, specially Michelle Hunter. My son loves the Arcade & pool. I love going to listen to the music they have every saturday night for free and the rest of the family playing at the machines. I really recommend the Lodge in Corning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Modesto
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this lodge nearly ten times in the past twelve months. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are very nice. The hotel is connected to the casion,so you don,t have to go outside to get to the casion. A free breakfast at the bar or buffett is included in the price of the room.I recommend the breakfast at the bar.Give it a try and you will agree with me that is a good deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Turlock, California
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed here with my wife while playing a golf tournament at Sevillano Links (right next door). A very clean, quiet and comfortable facility. The room was equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave oven and a safe. It was spacious and had a small sofa with a coffee table. The bed was very comfortable, and I didn't wake up with my typical back pains that I normally experience from hotel beds. We were given vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the adjoining casino, and the food was quite good (and plentiful).

My only complaint is that the internet service was bad. I was unable to get connected wirelessly or by using an etherrnet cable. Even so, this would not be enough to prevent us from returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel four times a year coming & going from Washington to Arizona for the past eight years. The staff in professional & accomodating, particularly Michelle Hunter-General Manager. The rooms are large & clean with fridge, microwave, safes & even a thermostat for air conditioning & heat which means quiet when you sleep. The food in the adjacent casino is excellent with two for one buffets for seniors on Tuesday & Thursday plus the hotel gives you free breakfast buffets every stay. Also you get a free room for every ten times you stay. Love this place!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kfarmers
Chico, California
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, it has a mini fridge, micro and safe in the room and a big bathroom. It's adjacent to the Rolling Hills casino and the food is good. The Lodge had a friendly staff. The Hotel and grounds were well kept. The room was well planned with plenty of space to move around. The bathroom had a large counter and had adequate space. I had a table with two chairs and a sofa (Sleeper) with coffee table. I was very comfortable in the room.

Room Tip: Bring some extra cash for the Steak house.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David A
Wilton, California
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stay here at least twice a year since Vern's mom lives in Corning. The rooms are clean, the staff are helpful and the price I usually get is not outrageous. We've done Suites, in room Jacuzzi rooms and just rooms. King beds a plus. Non Smoking room mandatory and smell fine. The included breakfast is a real plus, personally I like it better than the Ramada, also on the property. The pool reeks of chlorine so I've never tried it. It's convenient off I-5.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
The Inn at Rolling Hills
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Super 8 Corning
Super 8 Corning
#2 of 8 in Corning

Been to The Lodge at Rolling Hills? Share your experiences!