We decided on Holiday Inn Express as a night stopover while on our way to Lassen Volcanic National Park from SFO, due to its convenient location of about 2.5 hours from the airport and about 1.5 hours from the park. The staff were quick and friendly during our middle of the night check in. The two queen bed room was in perfect shape and very very clean. Plenty of towels for the four of us and the complimentary toiletries were of very fine quality as well. Contrary to the complaints I had seen in the recent reviews about the rooms having very poor sound proofing, we were able to have an exceptionally quiet time with no noises whatsoever. Also there did not seem to be any renovation going on which could mean that the work was done already. The complimentary wi-fi internet was fast enough for our basic needs.
The LCD television came in as a bonus in the morning as were late to start and hence could catch a little of the Football World Cup Quarter Final match before leaving. Finally, the breakfast was splendid and sumptuous. It had everything that one could ask for and could be enjoyed in a well-lit cheerful dining room with a big television. The gym and outdoor pool seemed to be in good shape as well though we did not have time to use any of them. It was one of the most enjoyable and pleasant stays at any hotel for me in a long long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated off Interstate 5 (I-5) and in proximity to the Rolling Hills Casino, the Sacramento River, Thunderhill Raceway, and many lakes ideal for fishing and boating. Corning is well known for being the Olive Capital of the United States. The hotel is located 120 miles north of Sacramento, 19 miles from Red Bluff, 30 miles from Chico, 30 miles from Willows,and 50 miles from Redding. The Holiday Inn Express Corning is the perfect halfway point to many destinations. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Corning offers 78 rooms on four floors and features a complimentary breakfast, complimentary wireless internet access, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room, and business center. The nearby town of Chico is home to California State University, Chico (CSUC) and has a large athletic department, The Chico State Wildcats, which hosts sporting events throughout the year. Other area attractions are the Wildflower Bike Race, the Outlaws Baseball League, and the National YoYo Competition. Be sure to find your way to Bidwell Park, the Silver Dollar Speedway, Bidwell Mansion, and the various popular swimming holes, restaurants and downtown nightclubs. Red Bluff, only 15 miles away hosts rodeos and motorcross at the Tehama County Fairgrounds. Visit Corning, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Corning
- Holiday Inn Express Corning
- Holiday Inn Corning
- Corning Holiday Inn