Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning
American Inn(Corning)
Economy Inn(Corning)
Orland Inn(Orland)
View Hotel
All reviewswarm cinnamon rollsfront desklate night stopred bluffyogurtmorning staffnice poolnice breakfasttessrepsfreewaycaliforniacorridor
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here on the return leg from San Francisco to Seattle, exhausted and traveling with a cat. After loading up my car to leave, I made one last trip to the room to retrieve the cat and found she had escaped! In tears, I was running up and down the halls, to no avail. The entire staff turned out to help me find her, which we did -- behind several mattresses in a room being renovated. I can't say enough about the kindness of the staff -- especially Monica and Maria!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank cindy l
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Cindy I,

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that the staff was friendly, and helped you find your cat! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Kindly, Monica W.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We always stay at this hotel when visiting my grandparents in Corning and I've yet to be disappointed. Clean rooms and friendly service. The breakfast is nice and I like that they offer some lighter choices (i.e. English muffins, fruit, yogurt). I was slightly disappointed because I wasn't able to use the workout facilities because they were being upgraded during our stay - however, I saw them when we were checking out and they appeared to be very nice (honestly, it was time for an upgrade) so by now I'm sure they are up and running and better than before. I was also pleasantly surprised by the TV channel selection. All in all it was a good stay. I got what I expected from a HIE.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Courtney D
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Courtney D,

Thank you for taking time out to review our property. We are very excited about the nice words you mentioned regarding our Hotel and Staff. We appreciate your business. We are excited to share all of our new upgrades. From our fitness center to our guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for making Holiday Inn & Suites Corning your choice hotel.

Best Regards, Monica W.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great Staff, clean rooms, easy to find, and AWESOME - did I say awesome complimentary Breakfast. When we booked our room the staff was most helpful and so friendly. We were surprised by the great breakfast and the to-go bag the offered.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank agroos

Dear agroos,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but relaxing, comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast also. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kindly,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our original intent was to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Willows, but it was fully booked upon our arrival due to local racetrack activity. We were referred to the Corning location and had expectations for a property similar to that in Willows. Unfortunately, it is not. Upon arrival we made several attempts to find ANYBODY in the lobby area without success. After about a 10 minute wait a rather surly, tattooed employee wandered in, mumbling some excuse about being in a meeting room. Not a good start.

We found the grounds outside the hotel to be trashy. Holes in the pavement, un-mowed lawn, a water leak in the back parking lot that smelly slightly suspect and a general look of neglect. Inside, some doors did not close properly, wallpaper was loose in some areas and the carpet showed too many signs of wear. The Wi-Fi signal in my room was way too weak to be of use, except in the lobby. On the positive side, the breakfast was good and the attendant was friendly and efficient.

HIE is a nice chain with generally consistent quality. With prices hovering just over $100 in most cases, we have learned to expect a better facility than your normal Best Western, La Quinta or Days Inn. Unfortunately, this Express is no better than any of the above.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Douglas M,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. We assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Kindly,

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location several times. I have always requested a non smoking king room. When I checked in I was asigned a smoking dbl bed room. This was corrected after I spoke with the desk person. When I saw the tv I told the desk person that I had not seen a 15 inch tv in a hotel room in over 30 yrs. I was advised that the rooms were being remodeled. In the morning after undressing and ready to use the shower I noted that the shower had mold around the fixtures and around the corner of the tiles. When I reported it to the manager as I was checking out she discounted the room and apologize for the condition of the room. I will give this hotel one more chance but that is all. In previous occasions I have given this hotel 5's. I will check the room conditon on my next trip prior to checking in.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 2nullies

Dear 2nullies,

Thank you for your review and for being an IHG Rewards Club Member. It is our goal to ensure our guests’ satisfaction is met with the excellence of service you expect. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the accommodations and overall hotel service you encountered. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests and this is crucial for us to improve the accommodations and services that we offer. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and show you how great our hotel is.