“Nice Find in the Area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice Holiday Inn. It is clean, great staff and a good bedding package. Got a good rate compared to others in the area. Make sure your room is on the back side of the hotel as there are many 18 wheelers in the area that run all night. Not a problem when you are tired and traveling through
the area. Staff helped find local places for us and was very friendly.

Room Tip: Back side room is best, away from truck parking area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This has been the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever had the privilege of staying in. The young man at the front desk was exceptional!! He not only helped me with room reservations but helped me find a AAA service truck in the area. His name is Aaron. I could tell by the way he interacted with others getting a room tonight how nice he was to all people. Aaron was by far the best PR man for the front desk!! I would really like to give him a big Thumbs Up for doing his job and maintaining a fresh smile and outstanding personally!!!! He also offered me the rewards for the hotel to be used at many on the list.
September 28, 2012. We stayed in Corning, Calif.

While walking up to our room I met on of the maids. She was also extremely friendly and helpful. So sorry I didn't get her name.

Thank you for having a friendly and nice staff.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor. So very happy to have indoor corridors and an elevator. Room was ver...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Due to a recent fire in the Red Bluff area, my co-workers and myself stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Corning. Each and every person I came in contact with was gracious,helpful and a delight. Some of the folks that I received outstanding service from were Lacey, Roman, Karina, Aaron, and Scott. Every day the breakfast was hot and the coffee brewed to perfection. Although most folks don't recognize them because you normally don't see them, the maids also did a great job. My room was always clean, sheets were fresh and everything taken care of for my stay. This is a WONDERFUL place to stay. As I departed the hotel every day at 6:00 am, Scott had my paperwork taken care of without me even having to ask. LOVE this hotel!

Room Tip: The 4th floor rooms are quiet and you can't hear any noise at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

FIRST, check our review from “Loved it because of the GREAT STAFF!!!” Aug 23 2011.
NOW......we were making our yearly trip to Southern CA and were on our way back. We tend to over-extend ourselves while traveling so, like last time, when we arrived we were very tired. We discussed staying in Sacramento but decided to push ourselves to Corning because of the great stay we had last time.
WOW what a difference a year makes. We got there at a reasonable hour this time and asked for Scott who was so great to us last time. She didn't know any Scott. We asked about Millie, also no idea. As it turns out the entire management an staff has changed and not for the better.
We tried to check in and were met with what appeared to be a 15 year old who was being trained by someone that didn't look much older than her. We were hot and tired and didn't like being part of a training exercise as it doubled the time it took to check us in. We got to our room was far less clean than what we remembered. The A/C was busted and we moved to another room. In that room the remote didn't work so we asked for new batteries. The desk didn't have any.
We went to breakfast the next morning. The breakfast server was about the same age as the girl from the previous night. We were discussing the difference from our last visit and a man sitting at the next table, apparently a regular, said that the hotel was in the process of being sold and that nothing is being fixed or replaced.
On our way out we asked for a manager to express our concerns. We were given a business card and told there was no managers available on the weekends. We commented on the A/C and batteries for the remote and were told there was no maintenance person on the weekends either.
We might stay here in future but we certainly won't push ourselves or go out of our way for it.
Too bad it used to be a great place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I just booked a room for our 4th stay at this facility. They are very dog friendly! They always give us a a room that's convenient for us taking our dog out at night. We attend a number of Rotary events at the Casino, and actually prefer this facility to the ones that are attached to the casino!

Breakfast is tops and really good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
HIECorning, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

I love the fact that we are a pet friendly hotel and that we could accommodate your needs so well.
This year I started an annual event "For the LOVE of Pets" Celebrating the fact that we are pet friendly. We had a BBQ, Talent and Beauty competition and had a variety of different vendors from local business attend, all proceeds went to Second Chance Pet Rescue. We love our animals just as much as our guests love theirs!
I will forward your accolades to all the staff...
Thank you for your rave reviews and return business!
See you next time!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything here was the best. The staff was incredible & the room wad amazing. Breakfast had a great selection & was fresh & tasty. Would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012

Thanks a Million for your great review! We strive to be the best in everything we do here. From Front Desk to Housekeeping and everywhere in between. I'm Thrilled that you have taken the time to show your appreciation and am pleased you had a wonderful stay.
Our breakfast is full of variety and options, the fan favorite has to be the Cinnamon rolls! Hands down...

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I made an online reservation. However, I was not aware that they had a no cancellation policy for online reservations. We needed to cancel the reservation due to external circumstances. My friend who is traveling with me spent 45 minutes on the phone asking for an exception, climbing up the managerial ladder. No one would budge. None of us were impressed with how they handled the situation--there wasn't even a manager present at the hotel when we called! None of us will stay at Holiday Inn Express in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

I am sincerely apologetic for the service that you felt was lacking. I understand the frustration when wanting to alter a reservation and not able to do so. When booking through a third party site, we at the hotel level have our hands tied.
I would love the chance to accommodate any future stay here at the hotel, please call and ask to speak the Operations Manager.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I will utilize this as a great training tool for all parties involved.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Super 8 Corning
Super 8 Corning
#2 of 8 in Corning
The Lodge at Rolling Hills
The Inn at Rolling Hills
Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning? Share your experiences!