“A gem along Highway 5”

Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bartels Giant Burger has been in business since 1975. We have commited ourselves to providing our customers with "Good Old Fashioned Quality" in our freshly made burgers, fries, milkshakes and Malts. We pride ourselves in phenominal customer service.
Shingletown, California
“A gem along Highway 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This old fashioned looking hamburger place sits on the west side of I-5 at the end of the off ramp. Had found a coupon online and decided to try it next time I was going by Corning. It sits by itself out in what appears to be nowhere where there is ample space to park with outside and inside seating. The folks are friendly and warm and the food is very good. Got a large order of frys, but this is not your fast food version, this is a large basket of hot frys which was able to feed two of us. The burgers are cooked your way, are juicy and come with lots of stuff on it, or not. The chicken sandwich was not dry and also very good. The chocolate malt was the best I had had in a long time. Everything used was fresh and the place was very clean. The hamburger meal deal, burger, small frys and drink was $8.19. Add up a large fry and malt added another $2.65. Chicken sandwich was $5.25 (also could get the $8.19 meal deal with the chicken). So not cheap like an fast food place, but well worth the stop for a very filling amount of food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank forefrnite

Santa Rosa, California
“Best Burger in CA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Found this place by accident, at the SB Corning exit at HWY5. Skeptically decided to give it a try... make no mistake, it is a dive but the best Giant 1/3 lb burgers, juicy,(use extra napkins) and cooked how you like. Also, great fries.
Will definitely make this our regular stop, north and southbound when we travel

• Visited May 2014
Dayton
“Good Crilled Chicken !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stopped here on a tip from a friend. Glad I did. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and sat outside at one of the many picnic tables. A decent sandwich at a decent price. Easy on & off the freeway access. Parking for truck & trailer. Free wifi access.

• Visited April 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
“A great burger at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Was traveling with a friend who knew about this place and he always stops for a burger if passing Corning on I-5.

First time for me, but definitely will not be the last time I get a burger there!

This is a small (4 locations) family owned chain selling burgers since 1975. Their Corning location is an old converted gas station on the west side of the I-5 Corning exit. Very convenient with quick on/off access from I-5.

Burgers are made to order and you even get to pick how well done you want the hamburger patty. Burgers are basically under $5, but can be a bit higher if you add bacon, cheese, chili, etc.

This is a real old fashion burger place with old fashion shakes and old fashion service.

Definitely worth checking out when passing Corning on I-5 and a burger is something you like.

• Visited March 2014
Eagle Point, Oregon
“Burger and onion rings were great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Food great but friends we were traveling with ordered and we were next in line..They received their order and all most finished before we received ours...same basic order. They appolized for the wait....I would make sure they knew we were together if I stopped there again.

Visited January 2014