“Just OK Mexican Food”

Casa Ramos
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Just OK Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

While I was thankful not to have to eat at a fast food joint while traveling south on the I-5 corridor, I will say that I was disappointed with the quality of the Casa Ramos food. I will admit to being extremely spoiled from having a huge variety of really good Mexican restaurants in the Los Angeles area to select from. This food was decent, and I'll bet many of the locals are appreciative to have a clean, decent restaurant to go to. However, as for quality, authentic Mexican food...this restaurant will rank pretty low in my book. The food was not horrible, don't get me wrong. It was just ok. I had the Arroz con Pollo which was unlike any I've ever had before. Strips of under-seasoned chicken strips, large slices of mushrooms with some sort of gravy served atop a bed of rice. Strange, but again, not what I'd call bad...just not arroz con pollo. Hubby had chicken fajitas that came sizzling to the table, but the chicken was under-seasoned again, along with some onions and one strip of bell pepper. Friend ordered the spinach enchiladas, but instead received the veggie enchiladas. The staff moved swiftly to correct the mistake, but we were nearly done with our meal before she got the correct order.

The good:
Staff was super friendly and offered suggestions based on their likes and dislikes. I always appreciate it when staff members are honest and give their opinion.
The restaurant offers a "Two for $20" meal deal in which two diners may order their own entrees from a limited menu and also receive an appetizer that is shared. That, in anyone's book, is an outstanding deal.
The restaurant offers a 15% discount if staying at a local motel, which we were.
The restaurant is located maybe a block from the Best Western, Corning location. Very convenient.

Better than fast food. I would give it another shot if traveling in the same area, but I would order a different menu item.

• Visited July 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Surprisingly Good Mexicn Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While on a car trip to Southern California I dined here on the way south. I eat mexican food about once or twice a month and know it's not easy to find a good one. I ordered the Carne Asada (one of my favorites) with flour tortillas. The servings were quite generous and the steak came medium well (skirt steak is very thin and difficult to cook less well done). I found the entire dish to be as good as any I've had elsewhere. The service was friendly, fast and attentive. The server refilled my drink and asked later if I wanted yet another refill. The food was good enough that I dined here again on my way back home.

Casa Ramos is a family owned medium size chain restaurant. The interior is typical mexican style, fairly plain, not fancy but comfortable.

• Visited June 2013
SAN JOSE
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Check out the menu, lots of choices and excellent prices - we got the 2 for $20 and it was plenty of food

Visited June 2013
McAllen, Texas
“Very Very Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is walking distance to the Best Western and is excellent. Service was fast and the food was very good and plentiful. Lots of choice on the menu. If you drive to it there is plenty of parking right in front.

Visited April 2013
Lower Mainland Bc
“Wow...what a great find”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by the hotel we stayed in. It took us awhile to find it, but I'm glad we did. Great food and good prices.

Visited April 2013

Been to Casa Ramos? Share your experiences!