“Good Food”
Review of Olive Pit

Olive Pit
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Description: Since 1967 the Olive Pit gourmet retail store features over 120 different kinds of olives, many Balsamic vinegars, wine, craft beer, gifts, nuts, candy and so much more. We also have a Café that features burgers and sandwiches where you can pile on the toppings to suit your taste. We offer free tasting of over 150 products and also offer a wine and craft beer tasting room, current tasting room fee 5 tastes for $5.
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are up and down I-5 on weekends. We stop at a few places along the way. Today we decided to stop in at The Olive Pit and try their cafe. You walk up to a counter and order. There is a written menu hanging up behind the counter and laminated ones in a basket on the counter. We grabbed a laminated menu. Lots of stuff to choose from. My man went with the muffuletta sandwich on a ciabatta bun (salami, ham, provolone cheese) warmed up. I chose the muffuletta burger with added avocado. Of course I had to ask what is muffuletta. Basically it's diced green olives, picked carrots, and pimento (I'm possibly missing a few ingredients) in olive oil. Huh I thought, interesting. Our order came quickly. --- Oh, for those like us who didn't know the ropes here. You add your own condiments to your burger, hotdog, sandwich or whatever you order. Unfortunately, no one tells you this. I found out by watching others ahead of me. Awesome condiment bar by the way and clean. It's located next to the order pick-up counter covered by a silver cover (hood) that slides up. Back to the food. The burger was really good. Messy from all the extra condiments I added but worth it. The added muffuletta was good. My husband also enjoyed his sandwich. Total for burger, sandwich and two medium drinks no sides, $23 and some change. A little high. The only downside to this place was all tables had some sort of leftover food crumbled on them. I wiped our table off as did the lady next to us. Floor could use a sweeping as well. I had chips under my table and seat. That's why I rated it a 4 instead of 5. Don't get me wrong, it's not by any means a dirty place. They probably just don't notice it since the seating area is blocked off by a wall and it's not a table service kinda place. Once we finished our meal we shopped in the store. Oh boy! It was awesome. We walked out with two different Dipping Oils Roasted Garlic Rosemary and Basil Parmesan, an Apple Balsamic Vinegar, two bottles of olives Cajun Style Deep South Pitted Olives and Herb & Garlic Cheese Stuffed Olives last but not certainly not least a loaf of Garlic, Basil, Parmesan Bread, oh my! Total for all that was $59 and some change. Oh but baby soooo worth it. They have a tasting area on the opposite side of the register. Don't miss this opportunity. They even had a Black or White Truffle Dipping Oil to try. Not my thing but I enjoyed many of the others they offered. All in all a nice place.

1  Thank mikesandy1105
Olive_Pit_1967, Public Relations Manager at Olive Pit, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Wow! We love awesome reviews like this. It sounds like you had a good stop overall!
You both picked out two most popular items in our cafe, so we hope you loved them as much as everyone else does! As for the tables and floors, right now is one of our busiest times of the year. Our awesome employees do regularly go out and check them all and clean accordingly but sometimes it does get a little messy in the chaos of a food rush. Next time you stop by, please do not hesitate to tell us and we will gladly wipe your table or sweep for you!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary tasting bar and we hope you enjoy all of the yummy items you bought.
Also, a delicious idea for the Apple Balsamic Vinegar; try it drizzled over some ice cream! It’s so good.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We stop by the Olive Pit every time we go to California, which is about once a year. They have the very best olives and they let you taste them before making a decision on which ones to buy. The garlic stuffed olives are the best!! The cafe/restaurant has good food. The shop has tons of items besides olives such as nuts, olive oil, candy, etc. Great place to stop in at!

Thank you for the kind words. We love to hear that you enjoy our tasting bar, as well as our many different olives. And we definitely agree with you, Garlic Stuffed are the best!
We look forward to seeing you on your next yearly trip!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

We were traveling back to San Diego again to stay with family and wanted to pick up a little gifty gift. Great options including you can grab an empty box and load it up with favorites, or you can get one of the pre packed boxes.
I have been so obsessed with the Almond Shake here I HAD to get it, to try something else, like the Hazelnut. would mean to NOT GET the Almond. NO WAY! So I hatched a diabolical scheme to get both,.... and now I might just have to double up each time I visit. Or flip a coin I guess. Just AMAZING shakes! LOVE IT!
See ya next time Olive Pit.

Olive_Pit_1967, Public Relations Manager at Olive Pit, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

We love reviews like this! We are so happy to hear that you had a great stop with us and we love your shake story. You picked two great flavors, so we understand the pickle you were in.
We cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

If you want to absorb local area "culture" but only have 15 minutes to stretch your legs... Parking and everything was sufficient, sample table was inside with many options. The building is new so it is not "authentic" or historical. A large amount of different olives were being sold inside, prices were fair and not inflated, and Corning area olives were labeled as such.

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our tasting bar and our many varieties of olives.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

this place seems to be a bit of a local institution. the food is a little ordinary but still quite good. the beer & wine bar is a lot of fun, and the olive shakes are very tasty too.

watch out for misquitos parked outside.

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that you had a great time in our wine & beer tasting area. We also agree with you, the shakes are very tasty!
We hope to see you again in the future.
The Olive Pit Team!

Been to Olive Pit? Share your experiences!