“Olive tasting”
Review of Olive Pit

Olive Pit
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Description: Since 1967 the Olive Pit gourmet retail store features over 120 different kinds of olives, many Balsamic vinegars, wine, craft beer, gifts, nuts, candy and so much more. We also have a Café that features burgers and sandwiches where you can pile on the toppings to suit your taste. We offer free tasting of over 150 products and also offer a wine and craft beer tasting room, current tasting room fee 5 tastes for $5.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We followed the directions on I-5 to reach this great place. Got to taste various kinds of olives , olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, Habanero-stuffed, Turkish Pepper-stuffed, Bluecheese stuffed, Manzanillo Olives. Good quality olives, crispy, flavorful.

Staff is eager to help and give more information, always a queue to relish the mouth-watering variety of olives they had.

Olive_Pit_1967, Public Relations Manager at Olive Pit, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to The Olive Pit! We appreciate you taking the time to review us & we are glad to hear that you were able to try our tasty olives, olive oil and balsamic! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
The Olive Pit Team

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I did not have an opportunity to eat at the restaurant, but after reading some of the reviews from my fellow TripAdvisors, I don't think I'm missing anything.

HOWEVER...I will highly recommend the experience offered at the shop. There are MANY exotic olives, balsamic vinegars and olive oils to taste. I'm so appreciative of the variety, the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to let you taste any and all offerings. The prices are not cheap, however the flavors for some products are out of this world. Ironically, I didn't buy any olives or olive oils on this trip, but I did treat myself to two balsamic vinegars..one was Balsamic and Prune (don't pre-judge, it was OUT OF THIS WORLD yummy!) and Balsamic and Strawberry. Both are thicker, and seem to be balsamic reductions. As I sit and type, I can hardly wait to make a salad with baby greens and fresh sliced strawberries and drizzled with the strawberry balsamic reduction! Drooling!

Caution...don't eat before you come...or at the very least, eat just a small snack. I ate dinner just before coming here and was disappointed that I simply did not have the appetite to taste more. Trust me...if I had come hungry...!!!

So glad that you enjoyed your visit to our store! Next time you stop you'll have to try a signature shake or sundae made with our delicious flavored oils and vinegars... an amazing taste treat! It sounds strange but it really does taste great.
Thanks for stopping by & we look forward to your next visit!
Cheers,
The Olive Pit Team

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Go and enjoy the free olive tasting, staff is very friendly, also, get a milk shake while you are there, it's only $2.79

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lots of varieties in olive oil and olives. They have different kinds of almonds. We miss the shelled pistachio nuts though.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This shop was worth the stop just for the samples. I highly recommend the blue cheese stuffed olives kept in the deli case. (Perishable, but more flavorful than the jarred variety we tried)