“Excellent all around” 5 of 5 bubbles

Olive Pit
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Delicatessen, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1967 the Olive Pit gourmet retail store features over 120 different kinds of olives, many Balsamic vinegars, wine, craft beer, gifts, nuts, candy and so much more. We also have a Café that features burgers and sandwiches where you can pile on the toppings to suit your taste. We offer free tasting of over 150 products and also offer a wine and craft beer tasting room, current tasting room fee 5 tastes for $5.
Monte Rio
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place has it all- very helpful, nice employees, great products and good food. Their prices are fair also.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Washington State
“This place is the "pits"....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sorry about the title - I could not help myself. The Olive Pit has many many varieties of delicious olives and many other food related souveniors. Yes, we bought 4 jars of olives. I am enjoying the pimentoed olives right now in fact.

Visited October 2012
California
“GREAT OLIVES AND OTHER TREATS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

OK, so it is a tourist trap. But trap might not be a good description. No one is trapping you there...you make an educated guess to go based on the gazillion billboard signs you see along the boring 5...and need a stop before you go stark raving mad.
But I digress.
Inside there are many olives stuffed with all kinds of ordinary and not so ordinary things ...almonds, bleu cheese, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos...for tasting and for buying.
Then there are breads and crackers with different spreads to try.
And then the dried fruit, the chocolate covered fruit, the seasonings, the balsamic vinegars, the olive oils etc. etc. etc.
We stopped in for a 10 minute potty break...40 minutes and $50 later we emerged...happy.
The only down side is the dog potty. It needs grass.
We were glad we stopped.

Visited October 2012
Modesto, California
“Gourmet olives and olive oil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I definitely agree with the previous reviews about the esquisite olives (which may be sampled at the tasting bar before purchasing). They have a fine selection of award winning olive oils including an assortment of gift baskets. We purchased several items from the shop but did not eat at the restaurant. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were very clean.

Visited June 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great place for presents and hostess gifts; bad place for dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stopped at the Olive Pit for many decades. Love pushing a shopping cart around and buying all my year's worth of presents, Christmas gifts and hostess gifts. Then I put 'em in my gift closet at home and am all set. Only downside is there is no shady place to park if you have a dog in the car. The temp was over a hundred when I was there, I saw TOO MANY cars with miserable dogs in them in the parking lot. I drove 15 miles to my hotel so I could leave the dogs in an air conditioned room, then drive back to the Olive Pit. If I hadn't been staying in the area, I couldn't have stopped at the Olive Pit.

Visited June 2012