“Excellent Prime Rib”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second visit to the Timbers. The first time we enjoyed nice sandwiches for lunch.
We enjoyed the Prime Rib dinner here on Sunday eve while traveling by.
The service was attentive and fast.
I noticed plates of fish & chips going by that looked generous and tasty and want to try that next.
Our food was just right and I had enough to take along for a steak sandwich the next day; with extra pepper and horseradish mayo, Yumm!

The only thing shadow for me was that you can't get completely away from the strong cigarette smell.
The restaurant is located inside a casino, so I took this as something I couldn't avoid.
Then my husband reminded me that smoking is prohibited!!
So, the smell is a mystery to me. It was the first impression on entering the building.
Could the ventilation system be drawing it in from the outdoor smoking? OR, I bet I know..... Group one hundred casino patrons with smoke saturated clothing in one space, and you are bound to have it permeate the place!

Don't take that as justification for legislating that, California.
Give people freedom to make their own decisions about smoking, etc,
and I will be happy to just wear a clothespin on my nose!

Laurie D, Public Relations Manager at Timbers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks for your feedback and for letting us know that you enjoyed both your visits to Timbers Steakhouse. If you like fish, you might also want to try the Artichoke Encrusted Halibut, which is one of my favorites.

Timbers Steakhouse is in the non-smoking section of the Casino so I'm surprised that you smelled cigarette smoke inside the restaurant. However, if you entered and gambled on the smoking section of the Casino, your guess about the smell permeating on clothes could be the reason. If you want to avoid cigarette smoke, the south entrance is on the non-smoking side of the Casino.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

While Corning isn't a metropolis, the Timbers Steakhouse lends a healthy dose of cullinary excellence to the area. You will be greeted warmly and seated in a modest sized, cozy room with a fireplace and wood beamed ceiling. The waitstaff are prompt, attentive, and willing to go the extra mile. Don't order the full rack of ribs unless you have starved for a full 24 hours. Excellent with a touch of heat. The ribeye was cooked as ordered and most excellent. The wine pours were generous. We will return!

1  Thank Wadekat1
Laurie D, Public Relations Manager at Timbers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We are all very proud that you enjoy the food and service at Timbers Steakhouse. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We try hard to make our restaurant as good as the finest you'll find in a big city, and we are glad you think we succeeded.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped here on our way South to the Bay Area. This is a great Steak House located within an Indian Casino. I had the Prime Rib which was perfect and my wife has the artichoke crusted halibut which was unique and very good. Server was very attentive

1  Thank BobD686
Laurie D, Public Relations Manager at Timbers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

We're pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your dinners and service at Timbers. The artichoke encrusted halibut is one of my favorites as well.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

A really wonderful, and enormous, rib-eye steak and salad. Please come hungry because the plates are generously full.

1  Thank Gypsytraveler09
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Had dinner here with a group of 14 people. Took a while for them to set up the accommodations for such a large group, but we were not disappointed once we were seated. They had 3 servers waiting on us and they were extremely efficient and timely. The food was great and the prices very reasonable. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank TwoDisos