“Great room eat somewhere else.”

Crowne Plaza Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Tracy, California
“Great room eat somewhere else.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very nice clean, comfortable room. Good maid service. Beds comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but manageable. Breakfast at the hotel was disappointing. The service was poor. A manager and 2 waitresses for 4 tables could not manage to keep our drinks full. My wife had to go to the bar to get ice tea refill. The "hand cut sourdough French toast" was standard Texas toast. It tasted fine but not what was on the menu. Bottom line we would stay there again and eat elsewhere..

Room Tip: I have read complaints about airport noise, we were on the garden side and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
pdcurtin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations with a clean, comfortable room. We recently installed a new bedding package which has received rave reviews, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I was disappointed to hear about your breakfast experience. We take a great deal of pride in the service and culinary standards provided at Vineyards ChopHouse, our in-house, full service restaurant. It is obvious that we fell short of these standards during your recent visit and your comments will be shared with our leadership team to ensure these challenges are not repeated. We sincerely hope for an opportunity to welcome you back for a more enjoyable dining experience.

Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aaron Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northern California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed one night last weekend. The room was on the poolside, we did hear some noise from the pool, and were worried we wouldn't be able to rest. It was Friday night after all. However, the noise never became loud and we were able to sleep well. I have to say the beds were fantastic! I fell asleep instantly and slept well through the night. The facility is very nice with all the amenities one could ask for in this type of property. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RangerGurl,

We appreciate the fantastic review and are happy to hear that your visit well exceeded your expectations!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Regards,

France
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed for 8 nights in late March 2013. This trip was a business trip and i was in town to visit our local California branch office. I found the Crowne Plaza to be a great choice for such an extended stay.

Check in was fast and i was in my room within 5 minutes of my arrival to the hotel. They put me in an inside room (window facing the inner courtyard inside the hotel). This did not bother me and i think the room was probably a quiet alternative to the those facing outside because of the small airport behind the hotel. In any case i never heard a plane during my entire 8 night stay.
Room was clean and large enough. A sitting chair and table, a desk and kingside bed. Plenty of room to spread out. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I slept soundly each night.
The walls are a little thin and you can hear your neighbors talking to some degree. If you turn on your television you no longer hear them. Everything is fine once it is late and everyone is in bed. For 2 nights i had a neighbor next to my room watch tv until 3am. I could hear his tv. Easy fix, i jackep up the AC and poured the covers on me to keep me warm. The sound of the AC unit running drowned out the tv and i slept perfectly.

I never ate at the hotel because i preferred to get out a little in the evenings and eat out. But their setup for their restaurant looked inviting.
Starbucks is located directly across the street; that was a plus.
Very quiet area of town and every evening it was calm.

The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Glad i chose the Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jsfountain
jsfountain,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are thrilled that you had such a positive experience during your extended stay in the East Bay.

Thanks again for choosing Crowne Plaza, we look forward to your next visit.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I checked in, I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the 2nd floor fronting the airport. I was made to believe by the front desk staff that this was the quiet side since it was a private airport and was told that it hardly had flights. Wrong....It had some arriving evening flights or it sounded like it and I did not need my alarm since I was awaken around 5:30 am by this loud truck that was rounding the airport every morning. On top of that, I could hear heavy footsteps coming from the 3rd floor that kept me up most of the night. On the 3rd day, I asked to be moved to the 3rd floor facing the atrium. Indeed, it was the best nest I could ever be in this hotel. The experience was totally black and white. The daily afternoon wine and cheese tasting was definitely a great perk for unwinding and the "Sleep Tight" package really helps.Bring your own bath robe if you plan to use their indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor facing the atrium
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear MariaT16,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 30 stay here for a sports event and we had a very pleasant stay! The group sales staff paul really went out of his way to accommodate us and we cant thank him enough! our rate was very affordable, free parking, and they went out of their way to have a great breakfast for our group each morning. This hotel had much more to offer in comparison to neighboring hotels. Our parents enjoyed the bar area and the players really enjoyed the indoor pool and hottub area. Beautiful indoor garden areas and ponds around the pool much like embassy suites and comfy beds and clean rooms. close to everything Starbucks, panera and elephant bar. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Lori P,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am glad to hear that Paul took such good care of your group and that all of our amenities exceeded your groups expectations. We truly appreciate you choosing Crowne Plaza.

We look forward to welcoming your group back for the next event!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night. Called half hour before arrival and requested a room on the third floor; was told that one is assigned to me. But when I arrived I was given a room on the second floor and was told that third floor was full. The second floor room turned out to have a faulty ventilation system, so I requested to change rooms, and they were able to move me into a third floor room at that point. How bizarre. Hotel is next to the Concord airport, so the windows vibrate every time there is a take-off or landing. For $180 a night I had expected a much nicer hotel. Breakfast is expensive and sub-par.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sunandfun155
larryross, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing comments on your most recent stay with us and I assure you we value your feedback.
I apologize for the mix up in room assignments upon arrival however it appears that was resolved and I recognize that it could just as easily have been resolved upon your first request.
We are indeed conveniently located next to Buchanan airport which is exclusively executive aircraft travel only with no commercial flights in or out. We are fortunate with construction quality and infrequent flights most guests enjoy our location and watching the airplanes.
We could easily accomodate your next stay in the south wing away from the airport with your request and I am positive you will find it relaxing.
Our restaurant and menus are built around a custom concept , a quality vision and a desire to be point of differentiation from the average hotel restaurant and I am sorry we did not deliver beyond average for your stay. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to meet you in person for your next stay. Sincerely
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Date: March 2nd
Room Type: 2 queen beds [2nd floor]
being a business hotel the place was NOT full on the weekend of this stay- which I am sure contributed to the lower noise levels

room was extremely nice for <$100/night

bedding was very comfortable

rooms well laid out

great bar/restaurant- open late enough on weekends to get that 'fix' one may be looking for

courtyard was clean

easy early check-in (being Saturday)
easier late check-out

backs up to small airport and golf course... very few planes on the weekends- all are small single engine and bi-props up to ~12 seaters

probably renovated/updated ~6-12 months ago based on other reviews

Room Tip: great place to stay on a weekend--- watch out for conferences (they have lots of stuff going on in t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Justin S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, May 28, 2015
Dear valued guest;

We appreciate your recent review on Trip Advisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Justin Saylor / Director of Rooms / Crowne Plaza Concord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!