“If you have another lodging choice do yourself a favor and book it!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Concord

Hilton Concord
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NorCal
“If you have another lodging choice do yourself a favor and book it!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

I stay at Hiltons frequently all over the nation and have never had a bad experience. I booked two rooms at the Concord Hilton for one night. I took advantage of the senior rate which was considerably cheaper than the standard rate. I will never do that again. I checked out photos of the rooms on the Hilton website and it looked like most other Hiltons I've stayed in.

We arrive at the Hotel and checkin was a breeze. The lobby was nice as were the staff. My room and my extended family's were across the hall from each other. Right next to the ice machine, candy and soda machines, freight elevatior and the housekeeping room. I didn't get to sleep until 4am because of the housekeeping staff yakking away at all hours of the night. That's why I'll never use the senior rate again. I think they save the worst of the worst rooms for discounted guests.

Upon entering the room for the first time I felt that I was in a time warp back to the 70's when my parents and I would travel and stay at Holiday Inns, but without a remodel. Both rooms looked nothing like the ones on the website. The carpet was soiled the lounge chair looked like it came off the set of the series All in the Family and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Outside my door trailing from the wall down to the hallway carpet was a trail of what appeared to be vomit. Did I mention that the air conditioner didn't work? It was 85 degrees outside and hot in the room. Engineering finally came up and fixed it. The only item in either room consistant with a Hilton was the bed. Thank God for That!

As previously mentioned, I couldn't get to sleep until 4am because of all the hallway noise and the air conditioner fan that made a sound like a bearing was about to go out. I was way past the point of no return because of the lateness of the hour to garner the energy to change rooms.

That was the night experience. Now for breakfast. This is billed as a "full service" hotel. My party and I arrived at the hotel restaurant at 10:35 am and were told by a hostess that "we stop serving breakfast at 10:30." My reply was, "what is this? McDonalds?" She said that we could go back to our rooms and order off the room service menu at room service prices. At this point the restaurant manager named Lia intervened and made arrangements for us to have breakfast. She, by the way is the essence of professionalism and Hilton should highly value this young lady. We order breakfast. By the way, we all ordered the same identical food to make it easier for the kitchen. When the chef gets the order he comes out into the dining room and starts to argue with Lia then concedes to make our breakfast. But NOT before glaring at us, throwing his hands in the air and shaking his head. Now the movie "Waiting" came to mind. With breakfast done we had a smooth checkout. I will continue to book Hiltons but will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I had the feeling that this property is on Hilton's hit list as one of the hotels they will eliminate as a cost saving measure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SHC707

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Would give 8/10 rating. Heated pool on the cool side. Hot tub down 1/5 nights due to potential glass in it. Better safe than sorry. Had to park in firelane on Sat. night due to all 3 lots being full. Staff not helpful at all - said not required to offer parking to guests. 15+ cars taking up 2 spots plus many truck/trailer combos taking up as many as 6 spots each. As a woman traveling alone, I considered this a safety issue. Housekeeping, restaurant and room service fantastic. Bed comfort 3/10. Check in/out very smooth.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

The staff is fantastic. They go out of their way to accomodate changes in my itinerary. They make sure my room is ready to go so I don't have to wait for a room to be available anytime. They are friendly and welcoming.

I love the breakfast in the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant always remember me and greet me with a smile.

The hotel is convenient to shopping and restaurants.

It's a great place stay when I have business in the area.

houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

I have been rather much living here at the Hilton Concord, CA for the last 8 months. When I first started staying here they had some problems. But each time they were addressed promptly without delay. They have made many changes throughout the hotel and they have all been positive. The hotel staff is over the top when it comes to making sure that your needs are being taken care of. I have stayed at many hotels over the years and I cannot say that there is a more friendly and helpful staff than at this hotel. KUDOs to the Concord team on your continued improvements that surpass my needs and wants. S.S.

Spring TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Friendly staff and quick service throughout the hotel.
My room was comfortable, clean, and in good working order.
Walking distance to some very enjoyable restaurants, plus the hotel shuttle is available for other nearby dining.
The bell staff and concierge service is fantastic! They remember you and take good care of you.

Agua Caliente, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stay there on business from home in Sonoma. Well appointed and maintained. Cordial staff are professional and eager to please. Convenient to freeways and restaurants, although on-site Grissini trattoria/wine bar is superb by itself.

Eureka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

I travel quite frequently, and stay at many hotels, and I have found the Hilton Concord to have the best service around. Employees are attentive and helpful, the food is great and well priced, and it is located in a safe neighborhood with shopping and resturants with in walking distance. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Hilton Concord? Share your experiences!