“Another perfect stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
United States
“Another perfect stay”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I hghly recommend hilton hotels for any travel needs. I've been to quite a few and the consistancy from location to location is outstanding. I know what to expect and the level of quality service has never let me down. I checked in at 10 pm without issue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Dimas, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I liked the location but elevator was out and pool was being fixed. Staff friendly. Complimentary coffee, but not water. Shower worked well and sheets very clean. I did not like the channel choices on TV or the one day Internet usage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonConcordHotel, Front Office Manager at Hilton Concord, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for your patience. Yes, one of our 3 elevators was out of service undergoing safety inspection & maintenance. We value our guest safety and security appreciate you understanding. Our pool is being completely refinished and upgraded. It is already back open and regretfully should have been open during your stay - the subcontractor was behind schedule. Please ask to speak with our front office manager when you book your next reservation with us, as we'd be more than happy to upgrade you and make it right for you. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I won a gift certificate for one night stay at the Concord Hilton. We were very excited to get an adult night out; most of our vacations are planned with our children in mind. Our daughter’s school held their annual fundraiser, a Dinner, Dance and Auction at the Hilton the night we won the tickets for. The event was very large, over 200 friends and families from the school attended.

However upon check out, we were told we could not use the gift certificate because we did not present it on check-in. The certificate did not indicate the requirement. The only requirement noted was “reservations required”, which we did. The day of the event we called to confirm our reservation, at which point my husband said we had a gift certificate. At no time were we instructed to present the certificate at check-in. At check-out the receptionist, Darnyl, treated us like we were bandits trying to steal a room. Our certificate was valid and did not expire for another year. When we explained we did not know we needed to present it at check-in she stated “well that’s our procedure” ”there is nothing I can do for you”. She was short with us and did not at any point try to help us resolve the situation. She cut my husband off when he was trying to speak, and laughed when she repeatedly stated “sorry it’s the hotel’s procedure”. When I asked to speak to the manager she informed me the manager is not at the hotel on Sundays. She called the manager at home at which afterward she again repeated the hotel “procedure” to present the certificate at check-in. My husband and I did not receive a Hilton procedure handbook when we made our reservations nor are we employees, therefore how could we possibly be responsible to know a hotels policies and procedures.

I am astonished at the way we were treated. I left the Hilton in shock at the way Darnyl treated us. I was CHARGED for the hotel stay despite the fact she TOOK the gift certificate from us. They basically stole from us. I have attempted calling the manger of the hotel with no success; the manager’s extension has no voicemail to leave a message. My next phone call will be to my school PTA. I will make sure we never hold our events there in the future. I will also be sure to tell PTA the gift certificate they gave me from the Hilton was not honored.

In addition I will be hesitant to ever stay at any Hilton property, ever! I wouldn’t want to be required to know their “procedures” before staying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicandDav88
HiltonConcordHotel, Director of Sales at Hilton Concord, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I'm terribly sorry to hear that your experience redeeming a gift certificate voucher was so bad. Typically this type of thing never happens. Gift Certificate reservations are required in advance, as it seems you did correctly. Presenting the certificate at check-in would definitely be a requirement and is policy. However, this does not negate the fact that you were treated poorly and it does not make the situation "ok" at all. The front desk agents definitely should have and could have contacted me via cell phone or another manager to get temporarily approval so you could have checked in without issue and mailed the certificate to us after you returned home. I apologize that this experience was so bad, it certainly should not have been. Please call the hotel and ask to speak with me, Director of Sales. I'd like the opportunity to make it right and regain your confidence in our hotel.
anderson, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I did not like having to pay to park my car even though I did not use valete. There where bugs in our coffee cups, but for a place to just sleep and leave it was good. The best part of this room was the bed it was very comfy. The staff was fast checking us in. All in all it was a little better than a Best Western just at a higher price

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Maryanne M
HiltonConcordHotel, Front Office Manager at Hilton Concord, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations, as it's our goal to deliver exceptional service and a fantastic hotel accommodation. We've taken action in regards to your note about the in-room coffee cups and housekeeping has thoroughly inspected all rooms and all coffee cups to ensure that this never happens again. We use sterile & compostable cups from California's very own Coffee Bean & Tea company as part of our desire to buy local and sustainable. We've implemented steps to improve our in-room coffee & tea service as the result of your comments.
Parking has been a challenge. We implemented the controlled access gates along with a nominal daily/nightly fee structure to help guarantee that all of our valued guests have safe and secure parking available along with enhanced bell & door service to assist with luggage. The self parking fee has allowed us to upgrade our parking lighting to LED and motion sensing security lights as well as funding a repaving project and beefed up service levels for valet, bell service, concierge, and door service. Valet is a great option and an amazing service for only $3 more than self-parking. We invite you to try that next time you stay and mention this response and we'll waive your valet fee for your next stay! We want you back.
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Concord during a 4-day weekend with my family in Feb, 2014. This 3.5-star hotel is closer to a 3-star than a 4-star property. While we found the staff helpful and courteous, the hotel seems to be managed with mediocrity as the guiding principle.

Pros:
--Rooms are comfortable and clean
--Hotel staff were friendly
--Cleaning staff were flexible
--Room contained plenty of electrical outlets
--Many options for free wi-fi
--Staff happily moved us when our first room filled with second-hand smoke
--Great location off I-5, across the street from Willows shopping area
--Recycling options at all trash cans

Cons
--ONLY HOTEL in the Concord/Walnut Creek area with a parking fee ($10/night)
--Small rooms
--Tiny double beds in 2-bed rooms
--No variety of firmness in bed pillows
--Staff and guests smoking everywhere around the hotel
--Entire 2nd floor smelled like smoke
--Staff allows smoking in Center atrium area
--There is no greenery or "grounds" to speak of
--No free breakfast for most rooms
--Poorly trained bell hop service (no opening car doors, no offers to help, etc)

I'm afraid those fellow reviewers who claim this is a "high quality" or "high end" hotel simply must not travel much. I stay in 4-star and 5-star hotels all the time and know the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor to avoid smokers and restaurant/ballroom noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AshlandJohn
HiltonConcordHotel, Manager at Hilton Concord, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Cons
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Concord. We're definitely glad you listed a few positive comments for us and we're definitely working on making improvements on the list of Cons you've written. Actually we are not the only hotel in Concord/Walnut Creek that charge parking - most of the full service hotels in this area do charge parking with exception of just one that doesn't. Our parking rates are actually the lowest out of the other full service hotels. Our guestrooms are within the normal size range for the Hilton Brand and very comparable to most high-rise full-service hotels one would find at a Marriott, Sheraton, or IHG brand hotel. Our double/double beds are not queen/queens, but they're definitely full-sized double beds. We do offer King rooms as well as two different pillow firmness options. We are a 100% smoke free Hilton. Smoking is permissible outside of the hotel and per California State Law must stand 25 feet from any door or window. We have two patios off the restaurant, a fire pit courtyard, as well as a lovely poolside deck. Employee smoking is not permitted in any of these locations. Our Valet & Bell service staff are undergoing retraining and we appreciate your feedback as this is an area we're proactively improving. Lastly - We do offer complimentary breakfast for guests who book our executive club level rooms. However, Full service Hilton Hotels (as a brand) do not offer free breakfast for all guests. Hampton Inn & Embassy Suites, which are part of the Hilton Family of brands do offer complimentary breakfast. Hilton offers a full-service restaurant and in-room dining with numerous breakfast options, including a lavish buffet, available for purchase.
Pleasant Hill
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Generally the staff is great here, I would avoid the dining room and ordering room service as they food is horrible in both! However the cleaning staff, the front desk staff, the lounge staff were very helpful and courteous!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank JBH24
bakersfield, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here recently and found the amenities to be very clean. The staff was friendly and quite helpful. My room was quiet and the "comped" breakfast was far better than many others provide. The location is convenient and parking was more than ample. Self Park does not require a marathon to access the hotel. The value is good for the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank James T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek

Been to Hilton Concord? Share your experiences!