“Not bad, good location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“Not bad, good location”
Reviewed July 2, 2006

We stayed at the Best Western as it was a good location and we were promised a King size bed and a jacuzzi tub when I booked it. When we checked in however, the only room available was a queen size bed with no jacuzzi. That would not have been so bad except the jacuzzi in the pool area was also broken.
The room was quite clean but the phone did not work and the toilet kept running making it quite hard to sleep.
The front desk staff was very helpfu and gave us lots of good tips on where to go shopping and what to see.
Overall, it is not bad but for a $100 a night the upkeep could be a lot better.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank rockme99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fresno, CA
Reviewed June 11, 2006

We'd made last minute rez'es here as the location was perfect for us. But we almost cancelled the next morning when I read several bad-to-very bad reviews on the net. We were glad we went anyway. Our room was comfortable, large, immaculate and the overall noise level was no higher than any other place. The free breakfast was quite adequate. .A few minor flaws -- our door tended to stick -- but we were very content with our choice. We thought in terms of value to cost, that it was above average. Will go there again next trip to Concord.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank ronmI2711XT
Reviewed May 29, 2006

The hotel room was pretty large, but the bathroom was a little dirty. I guess that no one had really stayed in that room before us because there were dead dried up bugs in the bathroom. The front desk was really nice, but they said there would be a breakfast thing served in the lobby and it really wasn't much. It was also pretty noisy in the room. You can hear the cars and people passing by outside. We were there on a weekend and bright and ealry sunday morning there was something going on in there function room so we could hear the music blasting from that room.

• Stayed May 2005

Travelers are raving about these Concord hotels

Reviewed January 21, 2006

The hotel is average. Customer Service is good, very friendly. The location is also nice, near to most of fastfood stores. I can say the facilities are ok. I got all the basics especially for a girl although the bathtub is small (minor thing). All in all it was a good stay at the hotel. And I would recommend it to my friends, in fact I did recommend it and we all stayed at the same hotel. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2005
Reviewed September 1, 2004

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed. When I checked in the Front desk employee was very flustered and complaining about the lack of rooms he had that night. My reservation was for non-smoking, 2 queen beds. I checked into my room and the first thing I noticed is that one bed is a queen and 1 was a double. (not that big of a deal) but if you pay for 2 queens you should get 2 queens. The bathroom had mold in the shower, the refridgerator did not work and the toliet ran every 20 minutes. The most disgusting thing in the room was the carpet. It had big sticky stains all over that you stuck to if you stepped on them. I went down to get a different room and was told he had no other non-smoking rooms avialable, but he could get us a new fridge. That took 1 1/2 hours to get and 3 trips to the front desk. When the Front desk employee came to our room to switch out the fridge he was very argumentative (using a few 4 letter words in front of my kids).

The next morning I went down to the front desk and was given a new non-smoking room (? was it non-smoking NO!!!! ) There was also mold in this shower which housekeeping came in and cleaned upon my request.

Housekeeping cleans the rooms daily and the trash from the rooms sits in the hall until 5-6pm at night. During the 3 days I was at this hotel, a empty food container lay on the ground by the soda machine.

Needless to say this hotel is not a clean hotel and when you complained even to the general manager nothing gets done.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2004

We stayed here for a night August 2-3, 2004. We had to cancel our credit card because of fraud charges (nearly $1,000) which occured on August 4 and 5. Now we know where this had occured! We hope that dishonest employee is fired by now.

• Stayed August 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2004

BEWARE!!!!!! I left my credit card at the front desk, and within half an hour my credit card was being charged fraudulently. I keep calling the manager of the hotel for some kind of response, or just to warn him, he has a dishonest employee. But he will never return my calls, I even called the Best Western corporate office and they can't get a hold of him. Very shady stuff going on!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Best Western John Muir Inn
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!