“Cookarocha heaven”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here for last three weeks four days ago i had a cockroach crawl on my daughter who is seven both my son and daughter freaked out. I reported to front desk. Employee said she would right a report to manager to contact me. First day goes by no call second day no call. I ask staff again where is manager? No response. Third day no call. Fourth day no call. Fourth night find three more cockroaches in room. Sqaush one cockroach and put in cup its still alive as i walk cockroach to office to show staff.i show staff. Staff does nothing but tell me to go online to complain. This is the biggest example of an un professional best western. Im a rewards member and stayed at many best westerns and have never been treated like this. My company is not going to use this chain of hotels again. No customer complaint line open 24hrs is not the way to keep customers. So im forced to stay night five six and seven because i have paid a week in advance for the discounted rate.what a hotel!! Seven on your side might be a good option for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi Tobe,

First of, we want to thank you for being a member with us and for taking the time to share your concern. We would like to inform you that we have a professional company 'Orkin' who comes out every two weeks to make sure that our property is comfortable to stay at and pleasant to all our guests. May you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was super friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the thinness of the walls. We could hear our neighbors talking - they stayed up late (past 12:30) and were woken up by a knock on their door at 6:30 a.m.

Hello Stacey,

We enjoyed having you at our hotel and hoping to see you soon. We appreciate you taking the time to share us your concerns. We would like to inform you that we are working hard to make sure that our property is a place where you and all our guests can feel comfort. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for all our guests in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This BW hotel was built in the 1970's and therefore it did not have some of the features more modern BWs have. there was no elevator, so we had to drag our heavy suitcases up a set of outside stairs. Our room smelled of lingering cigarette smoke; which was bothersome. Was it once a room that allowed smokers? As well, some of the features in this room were neglected. Be aware that here, you get what you pay for.

Hello Ed,

Great having you at our hotel last month. We would like to inform you that we are continuing to make improvements at the property. Smoking area will have it's specific locations and adding more amenities to make you stay a pleasant one. Please let me know the next time you're in town, you can email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Don't believe any of the reviews you read that say they had only smoking rooms available as California state law does not allow ANY smoking rooms in hotels anymore. Stayed in over 10 hotels in two weeks and they all say the same thing. State law, no smoking. So don't anyone who says they were forced to stay in smoking room.
Stayed in this hotel just one night but the black out curtains, gigantic king size bed and very clean room all made for a FANTASTIC night's sleep. Best night sleep we had the entire week in area. Hotel breakfast was terrible, but there are a ton of donut shops in the area and it was our choice to have fresh donuts rather than the boring fare offered by hotel.
Only at this hotel for just over 10 hours but loved it! Would definitely stay here again. Unlike most other hotels who double the price when we tell them we want a government rate, Best Western Plus gave us a great rate. I like a hotel who does honest business!

Room Tip: King room is VERY roomy and clean!!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent stay with us.

Your business is very important to us and we appreciate the feedback you've shared. We hope to see you again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Thank you again for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was all around horrible. 1st I had a reservation for Thursday through Saturday, when I arrived on Thursday to check in they told me they only had a non-smoking available for Thursay night and only smoking available for Friday and Saturday night so I would have to check out Friday morning and check back in Friday night. Since they told me I had no other option I checked out Friday morning and when I went to check back in the lady told me I was already checked in since I had a consecutive stay and gave me new keys to the same room. Then on the last night of our stay at about 9:00 Saturday night water started coming out of our light switch in the vanity area and toilet paper holder so my husband went to the front desk and told them and they said they would send maintaince right away... after 20 minutes maintaince still had not showed up so I called the front desk and was told the room above us had overlowed thier toilet and that is what the water was and maintaince was up there fixing it and would be down to our room shortly. About 15 minutes later mainaince shows up and says it fine because the water has stopped and leaves... By this point our whole vanity area floor is wet with toilet water that is obviously not clean since it is from an overflowed toilet and the hotel didnt send anyone to clean it or offer us a new room or even apologize for any of it.... Very unhappy and will NEVER go back to this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amy,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at ralmares @heritagehotelgroup.com.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We srt out to go camping on July 5th. We were skunked for a spot in the Easten Sierra. The top of the Lodge suite was available at $309 per night (watch out for bed taxes and other fees). The lodge is very rustic as was the suite. The suit was 2 bedroom with a very comfortable bed. it featured a large living room with a full kitchen. The view of the lake was excellent. The staff was couteous and helpful. They demonstrated the use of the fire escape. We had a marvelous stay. I din't miss the cammping. We fished late and came back to comfortable surroundings. We did not use the lounge of restaurant.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

They take a $100.00 hold on your money and the real reason is in case you damage their room? Like it is the norm for this?? Air conditioning does not work well and NO ELEVATOR. You have to lug your luggage up a flight of stairs. Very dated room and uncomfortable bed. The hotel room itself is a $50.00 room and they charge double for it. About what you would expect in a Super 8, Travelodge, or Motel 6. But then the insult of not only charging you double, but also holding more than the price of your room on your credit card for "incidentals"?????

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Best Western John Muir Inn
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!