“Awful night”

GreenLeadersSilver level
CA
“Awful night”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Walked to our room (#251) with yelling coming from another room. Then the guests next door were also yelling at each other with a child crying and hitting the wall. They finally settled down at 12:30 AM. Then at 7:30 AM the room on the other side of our wall started playing music at a loud level while singing with it. Needless to say, walls were extremely thin and got only about 4-5 hours of 'rest'. This all occurred on Christmas Eve night. This hotel was a nice place 2-3 years ago but will never stay here again, regardless of the price. Worst place I've stayed in years.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2011

My stay here was only one night long however it was quite pleasant. My room was for two queen beds which means it was quite spacious since it was myself and another person. The room was very clean and well kept. My only qualm would be that the phone in the room was unable to make outgoing calls. I called the front desk as they tried to patch me to the outside however I was unable to do so. After several attempts the receptionist stated that I would have to wait until the handy man arrived in the morning. Since I was leaving the next day and I had no cell phone it was quite annoying to know that I was unable to make a call. The only other issues which is noteworthy (in my opinion) was the fact that checkout was at 11:00 AM, rather than the conventional 12:00 PM.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Enough said. Do not stay here, covered from head to toe in bites.

Room Tip: http://bedbugregistry.com/ (Before you stay in a hotel)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank secsd

Travelers are raving about these Concord hotels

Carmichael, CA
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had booked this hotel because of the proximity to Sleeptrain Ampitheatre in Concord and because of the dinner and movie package deal ($45 toward a local restaurant and a movie rental) offered on their website. When we arrived we were told they didn't know anything about it. But I've got to give kudos to Maria at the front desk. She made several calls to the Asst Manager and the General Manager trying to get information about this. With no response from either of them she decided to tackle this on her own.She called each of the restaurants mentioned in the web deal and asked if they knew anything about a free meal for BW guests and was told the same thing - no one knew anything about it. Well it was getting late so we decided we'd better eat somewhere and forget the dinner deal. She suggested we eat at a great Mexican restaurant in an old remodeled Taco Bell about 5 mins away walking time.
Great choice--Taqueria Los Gallos.. loved it!
Back to BW -- her manager finally called back and said to take our dinner receipt off the hotel bill so they honored the website dinner deal after all!
Again... great customer service Maria! We appreciated her diligence and above all keeping a smile on throughout! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The only saving grace for this place was the friendly, thoughtful gal at registration.
Elsewise, this motel is a haunt for sketchy looking weirdos and thugs. Apparently it's a party spot for loud smokers who hang around in the walkways as well.
I created an account strictly because this has been such a poor, stressful experience.
Avoid!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Ifurita
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I will never stay here again! I am single mom with two boys, 14 & 10. We were driving our way up the California coast and just staying wherever looked like fun. We checked out their website with the pictures of the great pool, jacuzzi and sauna. They also had a laundry room that I desperately needed due to wet, smelly clothes from the beach.
We made a reservation and arrived a little early so that we would have time to relax and swim and do some laundry. Well, the bottom line is.........our room smelled HORRIBLE like a terrible smell covered with tons of flowery yuck! The room was fairly clean, but, there were dirty towels behind the bathroom door. After a half an hour of fumigation (I always bring Lysol and Febreeze) it didn't smell any better, so, we opened the window and went to the pool. The pool was ok, but, the jacuzzi and the sauna looked like they had been closed for months. Before we went to the pool I went to do some laundry and there was ONE washer and ONE dryer in this huge room and someones clothes were in both...they were there the entire time we were at the hotel. I had to go to the laundromat down the street.
Then.....the next morning I was loading the car and I see a police dog barking at one of the hotel room doors. I was lucky enough to catch the live episode of COPS at the Heritage Inn. I loaded my car that day with 9 police cars within 100 yards from me. I can't tell you how fast I got my kids up and got out of there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel to relax from a long driving trip towards San Francisco. The room was clean and tidy, average showers, still old tv set. The room was on ground floor facing the courtyard where they have a pool. You might want to avoid this area if you dont like childrend' s noise as they play in the pool. It was really screaming noise! Service was good and friendly and they even gave us a bag of goodies: water and granola bars, for being BW platinum members. A nice welcoming gesture. Breakfast was your average BW type but I would suggest they could at least add yogurt like other BW hotels are doing. All said it was a good value for money and a good one night stop.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the courtyard where the pool is located if you dont like the noise of chil...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Best Western John Muir Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!