“Lovely Mexican food ”

Description: La Pinata 6
Burnaby, Canada
“Lovely Mexican food ”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my partner recently. I had a lovely burrito and she had a quesadilla. Both were splendid, although my one burned the roof of my mouth right off. As a Brit, I'm not used to all those spices, but it was brilliant and well worth the pain on that day, and the next day. Great price too and lovely deco. Staff were marvelous.

Lafayette, California
“Tortilla Soup!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I go for the soup: Love this tortilla soup. Generous portion. So fresh. Served with chicken, avocado, cilantro, cheese, chips, red onion, and lime. Delicious.

• Visited December 2013
Bay Point, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good food , Good service,Average price and great location .Me and my wife we love this place ,We often dine here and their guacamole is "AWSOME".

Visited November 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“AMAZING FOOD at AMAZING PRICES”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok, now listen- I may be from NJ originally, but I've been a West Coast chica for 20 years now, and I KNOW from Mexican food, mmmkay?
La Pinata is THE place. I'm telling you. Try to supreme fajitas or the Chicken Chile Verde enchiladas...they'll knock your socks off.
Like tequila? Well, this place makes their own, plus they have (what looks like) about 300 other varieties to try, as well. THE BEST MARGARITAS I'VE EVER HAD. They have fresh fruit & sugar cane stalks in them!! I don't really even like tequila but I could drink an entire pitcher of their margs...except if I did that, I'd probably die because they're hella strong!
It is kind of hard to find a place in the East Bay (on the east side of the Caldecott tunnel) that serves amazing Mexican food but is an actual sit-down restaurant. (there are tons of taquerias but you dont necessarily want to go to one on date night...) We have finally found La Pinata, and I am happy to say I have been here about 10 times so far over the last 9 months. I have tried breakfast and lunch, and have had 100% consistently good food and pretty good service. I would say the service is occasionally a little lacking, but its a restaurant...remember that most of the people working there DON'T GET a regular hourly wage. Having been in the service industry in the past, I'm pretty lenient when it comes to those things. Sometimes its a tad fish-odorous when you first walk in, but I think that's because they serve A LOT of pescado (whole red snapper, fried).
Bottom line: Try this place before you try all others. It's WAY better then Maria Maria & about half the price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChavaBling
Concord, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will be coming back!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just moved from Tucson, AZ so I know what good Mexican food tastes like. We were hesitant to come here because of the mediocre reviews. But pleasantly surprised. My husband loved the salsa, chips were warm and fresh. The various meats on our enchiladas and tacos were very high quality. We got in right away and our food came fast. I think they need to work on the service a bit, however. The waiter was slow to come, etc. and the food was not as hot as it should have been. But all in all I would say it is worth trying. I plan to go back and try something else. If you like Mexican food give this place a try. You won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2013