“AMAZING FOOD at AMAZING PRICES”

La Pinata 6 Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar
Ranked #23 of 317 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Pinata 6
Walnut Creek, California
“AMAZING FOOD at AMAZING PRICES”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok, now listen- I may be from NJ originally, but I've been a West Coast chica for 20 years now, and I KNOW from Mexican food, mmmkay?
La Pinata is THE place. I'm telling you. Try to supreme fajitas or the Chicken Chile Verde enchiladas...they'll knock your socks off.
Like tequila? Well, this place makes their own, plus they have (what looks like) about 300 other varieties to try, as well. THE BEST MARGARITAS I'VE EVER HAD. They have fresh fruit & sugar cane stalks in them!! I don't really even like tequila but I could drink an entire pitcher of their margs...except if I did that, I'd probably die because they're hella strong!
It is kind of hard to find a place in the East Bay (on the east side of the Caldecott tunnel) that serves amazing Mexican food but is an actual sit-down restaurant. (there are tons of taquerias but you dont necessarily want to go to one on date night...) We have finally found La Pinata, and I am happy to say I have been here about 10 times so far over the last 9 months. I have tried breakfast and lunch, and have had 100% consistently good food and pretty good service. I would say the service is occasionally a little lacking, but its a restaurant...remember that most of the people working there DON'T GET a regular hourly wage. Having been in the service industry in the past, I'm pretty lenient when it comes to those things. Sometimes its a tad fish-odorous when you first walk in, but I think that's because they serve A LOT of pescado (whole red snapper, fried).
Bottom line: Try this place before you try all others. It's WAY better then Maria Maria & about half the price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChavaBling

Concord, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will be coming back!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just moved from Tucson, AZ so I know what good Mexican food tastes like. We were hesitant to come here because of the mediocre reviews. But pleasantly surprised. My husband loved the salsa, chips were warm and fresh. The various meats on our enchiladas and tacos were very high quality. We got in right away and our food came fast. I think they need to work on the service a bit, however. The waiter was slow to come, etc. and the food was not as hot as it should have been. But all in all I would say it is worth trying. I plan to go back and try something else. If you like Mexican food give this place a try. You won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland food”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

La Pinata was mediocre at best. I ordered the cheese enchilada/ pork tamale combination. When it arrived, it was a chicken enchilada. That was fine...at least it was seasoned well. The tamale was one the blandest things I've eaten in some time. It's rare to say that a Mexican restaurant. At least the salsa was flavorful.

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Not sure if the food or service was worst both were bad.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Came here for a birthday party. The service was non attentive, it was as if we were a bother to them. Clearly the owners of the place don't care how customers enjoy their time here as long as the bill is paid, hospitality is clearly not part of the training process here. So then there was the food. At least one person in our party sent their food back as it was not as billed. My wife ordered one of their special Cazuela dishes, while the sauce and veggies were flavorful the chicken was over cooked into stringy dry pieces of cardboard. I ordered a combo plate that was average at best. I wish I could recommend as it seemed they had lots of nice Tequilas, but the lone bartender was so overworked he lacked time to sell or guide people through the many options they had. I won't return to this place.

• Visited November 2012
Pinole
“Excellent Burrito's”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent Food, the Super Burrito is the best. Order it wet, Saturday night's are a bit loud, however lunch less nosey.

• Visited September 2012