“Bring the family...and the dog!”

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 312 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hercules, California
“Bring the family...and the dog!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Party of 6 adults and 4 kids went on a weeknight; wait time was only about half an hour since it was already past Happy Hour.

We ordered sweet potato tater tots, wok-fired calamari, and the Yankee pizza for appetizer. I loved all of it (although I didn't care much for the aioli that came with the tater tots). The wok-fired calamari was nothing like the calamari you'd normally find in other restaurants. Next time I visit Lazy Dog, I'd order it as my entree...that's how much I liked it! The Yankee pizza reminded me of Shakey's Pizza in terms of taste. I could have finished the entire pizza by myself. I got the Lamb Shank for my entree. The meat was indeed "fall of the bone", and the portion size was very generous. However, I would probably skip the lamb shank next time because it's something my husband could replicate at home. We shared kahlua and coffee creme brulee, white chocolate chip brownie, and butter cake for dessert. My favorite was the butter cake...sinfully delish! The chocolate chip brownie was moist and rich. I liked the flavor of the creme brulee but not its texture.

We requested to split the check by three and they accommodated it without problems. I enjoyed our dinner at Lazy Dog that I'd probably bug my husband to take me there again in the near future.

ps - you can stay in the outside patio if you do bring your dog :)

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
“Snobby”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

First impression is everything. Went looking for a place to eat after son's game and there were 11 of us. Decided to go to Lazy Dog. Walked in to a long line of people and when it was our turn we told the hostess how many of us and she went on to give me a lecture about they need 24 hrs advance notice for a group that big and that she needs to clear it with her manager, then she proceeded to tell me it was an hour wait! So bottom line if you make last minute plans and there's more than 4 or 5 of you make sure to call 24 hours in advance. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone! The way the hostess was talking to me like she was doing me a favor. NO THANKS!

Coquille, Oregon
“Great food at reasonable prices but NOISY”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you can find a parking space in the huge lot and a place to sit in the seat yourself area or on the large patio, then you will find a good place to watch a game and enjoy their large, varied and excellent menu. The wait staff was great and changed the game for us and found us a place to sit after a 20 min. wait. We went here two nights to watch NBA play off games and it was very crowded and incredibly noisy. Although there is a dedicated restaurant side for which you must have reservations, it wasn't full and I wouldn't choose it as a place to go for dinner due to the noise factor. It was very attractive but it's like eating in a stadium!

Visited April 2014
Concord, California
“friendly restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Lazy Dog definitely deserves four stars for what it is; a casual, informal, any time, any occasion restaurant. The menu is extensive with something for almost every one and includes many comfort items. It includes American comfort standards, pizza, Italian entrees, Mexican entrees, Chinese and Thai dishes, burgers, etc, etc. I have now visited Lazy Dog twice, once as one half of a couple and another as part of a large group of 10 or 12. Service was great both times, friendly, prompt and very accommodating. They will even split the bill for a large party any way you want, down to individual diners. Yes, the restaurant is usually crowded. Is that a fault? No, I think it means that they must be doing many things right. There is a large outside seating area where you can bring your dog. The restaurant is in a shopping center with plenty of parking, but due to its popularity you may have a walk to your car.

• Visited April 2014
Clayton
“Food good, Service Okay”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went shortly after it opened. The hostess led us to the table, tossed the menues on the table with the "words here you go." Never made eye contact and did not make us feel welcomed. She then resumed her conversation with four other employees none of which seemed customer oriented. Our server however was very good and tried to upsell for a larger purchase.

Visited May 2013