“friendly restaurant with excellent food”

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 316 Restaurants in Concord
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Concord, California
“friendly restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Lazy Dog definitely deserves four stars for what it is; a casual, informal, any time, any occasion restaurant. The menu is extensive with something for almost every one and includes many comfort items. It includes American comfort standards, pizza, Italian entrees, Mexican entrees, Chinese and Thai dishes, burgers, etc, etc. I have now visited Lazy Dog twice, once as one half of a couple and another as part of a large group of 10 or 12. Service was great both times, friendly, prompt and very accommodating. They will even split the bill for a large party any way you want, down to individual diners. Yes, the restaurant is usually crowded. Is that a fault? No, I think it means that they must be doing many things right. There is a large outside seating area where you can bring your dog. The restaurant is in a shopping center with plenty of parking, but due to its popularity you may have a walk to your car.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Clayton
“Food good, Service Okay”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went shortly after it opened. The hostess led us to the table, tossed the menues on the table with the "words here you go." Never made eye contact and did not make us feel welcomed. She then resumed her conversation with four other employees none of which seemed customer oriented. Our server however was very good and tried to upsell for a larger purchase.

Visited May 2013
Concord, California
“Gimmick Restaurant for Dog Lovers and others (I guess...)”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I gave one of my daughters a gift card to Lazy Dog, for her birthday, for her and her pooch. Be that as it may, this is not my kind of restaurant.
The noise level is almost unbearable inside. Outside is not so bad, but outside you will be contending with a dog at every table and much growling, barking and cajoling from owners.
The menu is extensive and somewhat imaginative. I had a pretty and tasty non-alcoholic drink. I honestly cannot remember my main dish, which may say something about the food. I think it had to do with cream sauce. I know it was very salty. Maybe a pasta?
The service was awful. Granted, the restaurant had only been open a few weeks, but really. I think we had three or four different waiters-- one staff member leaving and promising another would take up the slack, then that one leaving.... with each change in staff, part of our order got lost, of course. A couple of members of our party gave up on food and just kept drinking because the bar wait staff at least took orders and delivered drinks!
If this is the third best restaurant, Concord really needs culinary help!

• Visited February 2014
Antioch, California, United States
“Excellent meal---Great service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to Lazy Dog on a recommendation from a friend who raved about the place. I thought it was novel that pets were allowed in the outside seating area so we went to check it out. The first thing I noticed was that they had a menu outside on a fire hydrant, (went with the name well). Although the business was extremely busy (lunch rush), we were seated in a timely manner. Our waitress (Janae, sp) was freindly, patient and smiled while helping us as well as looking us in the eye while talking to us. That was half of our experience. The rest was the wonderful food. Three of us went and each ordered something different and tried each others choice. I chose the Tex-Mex salad, my wife chose the chilli and our friend chose the potato soup. Everything was great! I highly recommend this as a great place to eat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Randy B
Clayton, California
“Tasty and trendy”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Yes, there is always a wait for a table, some times longer than others. Two of us went at 5:30 on a Saturday and we only waited five minutes. We shared the ahi poke (served on fried wontons, with a bit of guacamole $9), a veggies/goat cheese pizzetta and a Mahi Mahi salad (on grilled Romaine -yum!). Plus a Bloody Mary and two beers (Alagash white beer from Maine for $7). Total was $52. Everything was delicious and we were full. Server was a pleasure, giving us suggestions and checking on us frequently. This place reminds me of the Cheesecake Factory, but this venue is bright and open, with a large patio that welcomes dogs (there were about 15 dogs there). All in all, a lovely place.

Visited March 2014