“Gimmick Restaurant for Dog Lovers and others (I guess...)”

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 315 Restaurants in Concord
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Concord, California
“Gimmick Restaurant for Dog Lovers and others (I guess...)”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I gave one of my daughters a gift card to Lazy Dog, for her birthday, for her and her pooch. Be that as it may, this is not my kind of restaurant.
The noise level is almost unbearable inside. Outside is not so bad, but outside you will be contending with a dog at every table and much growling, barking and cajoling from owners.
The menu is extensive and somewhat imaginative. I had a pretty and tasty non-alcoholic drink. I honestly cannot remember my main dish, which may say something about the food. I think it had to do with cream sauce. I know it was very salty. Maybe a pasta?
The service was awful. Granted, the restaurant had only been open a few weeks, but really. I think we had three or four different waiters-- one staff member leaving and promising another would take up the slack, then that one leaving.... with each change in staff, part of our order got lost, of course. A couple of members of our party gave up on food and just kept drinking because the bar wait staff at least took orders and delivered drinks!
If this is the third best restaurant, Concord really needs culinary help!

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Antioch, California, United States
“Excellent meal---Great service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to Lazy Dog on a recommendation from a friend who raved about the place. I thought it was novel that pets were allowed in the outside seating area so we went to check it out. The first thing I noticed was that they had a menu outside on a fire hydrant, (went with the name well). Although the business was extremely busy (lunch rush), we were seated in a timely manner. Our waitress (Janae, sp) was freindly, patient and smiled while helping us as well as looking us in the eye while talking to us. That was half of our experience. The rest was the wonderful food. Three of us went and each ordered something different and tried each others choice. I chose the Tex-Mex salad, my wife chose the chilli and our friend chose the potato soup. Everything was great! I highly recommend this as a great place to eat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Randy B
Clayton, California
“Tasty and trendy”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Yes, there is always a wait for a table, some times longer than others. Two of us went at 5:30 on a Saturday and we only waited five minutes. We shared the ahi poke (served on fried wontons, with a bit of guacamole $9), a veggies/goat cheese pizzetta and a Mahi Mahi salad (on grilled Romaine -yum!). Plus a Bloody Mary and two beers (Alagash white beer from Maine for $7). Total was $52. Everything was delicious and we were full. Server was a pleasure, giving us suggestions and checking on us frequently. This place reminds me of the Cheesecake Factory, but this venue is bright and open, with a large patio that welcomes dogs (there were about 15 dogs there). All in all, a lovely place.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tamara T
Sacramento, California
“Delicious with warm atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Lazy Dog is quite a large open restaurant, but still feels cozy and inviting. There is a large patio area for outdoor dining. Instead you can choose between the bar area and the regular restaurant seating. The entire place is decorating with a casual mountain resort feel. The menu offers variety and portions are large (ordering just appetizers we still had to get a doggie bag). The food & drinks were perfectly flavorful. The only cons about this place are: with the crowd, it gets a bit noisy; when is there parking? We were there at 5pm on a Thursday and parking was a challenge. Since it is a large place, we got a table right away. By 7pm, the wait was 45 minutes. Plan ahead to relax and enjoy a lovely place with good food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sue2000
Concord, California
“Love it!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great energy, great ambiance, super service, nice for the family OR for an evening out. There is an excellent bar area, plus a large dining room. I look forward to going back again!

Visited January 2014