“Barney's is the BEST!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Barney's is the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am 54 years old, born and raised in Concord. My parents began taking our family to Barney's before I can remember. To this day it is still one of our families favorite places to eat. My sisters who live out of state, when visiting, Barney's is the first place thay must go to eat! We love their ribs!!! And the gravy is amazing, the only place I know that serves ribs this way! Long Live Barney'a!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cindy S

“Really good BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. My favorite thing to get is the French dip. They stack the sandwich with the best flavored steak, and serve it with a large, piping hot cup of au jus. The au jus is great! I could practically drink it as is hahaha I am not a huge fan of BBQ sauce so I always get it on the side and give it to whoever I'm with. If it's your first time eating here I'd reccomend getting the sauce on the side, it's not for everyone. The service is usually pretty good, and the food comes pretty quickly. The decor isn't the greatest, looks like it hasn't changed much since the 60s, but don't let it fool you. The food is great,, for a good price too

• Visited September 2012
“Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The ribs were really very good, but the sauce wasn't the greatest. We had to add our own which was a little on the sweet side but the ribs were awesome and so was the coleslaw!

Visited March 2013
Clayton, California
“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Food was Ok, but the place is dingy and the service slow.

“Generational Family Eater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Started eating at The Hicory Pit in Oakland on Telegraph Ave in 1950
with Mom & Dad on Thrus night "Dinner Out"