“Food is just ok, it's in a mall -- almost like a food court”
Review of Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #208 of 317 Restaurants in Concord
Richmond, California
“Food is just ok, it's in a mall -- almost like a food court”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went to Johnny Rockets' because there was no wait for a table (although it was a bit odd that the sign said "please wait to be seated" but several others who came after us just seated themselves, while we were still waiting to be seated). I had the grilled chicken salad, my husband had a burger, my son had a kids' burger and my daughter had a grilled cheese. Even though it was not the dinner rush yet (it was 4 pm on a Saturday), we had a long wait for our food. As far as the food:
The pluses:
- The grilled cheese sandwich could come with either sourdough bread or regular, and the cheese choices were fairly varied.
- The drinks came with free refills
The minuses:
- My husband's burger fell apart while he was eating it, leaving him with a mess to eat
- The fries came in stingy proportions
- The salad I had was ok (mostly iceburg lettuce if that's what you like), but I had asked for no cheese and there were clearly flecks of cheese in it, probably because it was all mixed in the same (unwashed) bowl each time

I don't think we will be eating there again any time soon.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
“Its in the mall, nice to take a break”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This restaurant is noisy inside, but they also offer seating outside in the mall area. Nice to take a break and the hamburger comes with fries. Waited a bit for silverware. The onion rings were "ok", just nice to take a break.

• Visited June 2012