“Excellent BBQ! ”

Kinder's Custom Meats Incorporated
Ranked #132 of 319 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Kinder's is a great place for barbecue! It always has great selections and they have a really great mix of sandwiches. I always prefer the barbecue sandwich which is always great. They try to do good on service, but sometimes it can be extremely busy, so watch out for that. Also, make sure you know exactly what you want and that the employee gets it because I have had some experiences with naive employees not getting orders right and only realizing it when I got the food home. Some of the employees are good and others are extremely poor. Be careful of who you get and watch what they're doing for you.

There are newer reviews for Kinder's Custom Meats Incorporated

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hi gang,
This is actually for the Kinder's in Hercules, Ca. Been there many times with satisfaction. The Mrs. asked a ball tip sammie (always a fav) and I opted for a combo plate. Counter person wrote down our order and proceeded to fill our request. The meat choices are ribs, ball tip and chicken. They were out if chicken (???) so I doubled up on the ribs. The Mrs. asked for a plain sammie, no lettuce, tomatoes or otherwise preferring instead to use the house BBQ sauce (very good). When we got home lip-smacking and looking forward to our dinner, the Mrs. Noticed her sammie was loaded with everything much to her dismay and it totally disappointed her. My order was fine. It was a 5 mi drive to Kinder's so not worth the gas to drive 10 mi to make it right. The ball tip is always fresh and tasty and the ribs are second to none with a very good rub applied. We love the food but it's frustrating to have to wait and even AFTER writing down our order, they still got it wrong.
Best advice is to make sure they get it right and check before you leave especially if you have a long drive home.
The food is highly recommended at any of Kinder's locations.
Rich

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The last 2 times I visited they skimped on the meat that went in my sandwich. I'd rather go to Dickie's which is just right around the corner.

1  Thank 925matt
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The tri tip sandwich I had was not very flavorful and the meat was kind of chewy. I tried to use the barbecue saucy to give it some flavor but the sauce tasted like it came out of a bottle. Nothing really special at all.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Actually it is the Ball tip sandwich that I order and I add the BBQ sauce from the squeeze bottle sitting on the tables. It's more of a take out joint or deli with tables. But I love the tequila fries with their special dipping sauce. Kinda tastes like mayonaise with BBQ sauce added but better. Also I cannot finish the sandwhich it is so big or the fries. So there is enough leftover for a 2nd meal. Hafta go maybe once a month. Just writing about it makes me want to go back. There is something really addictive about the fresh Hoaggie rolls, good meat, BBQ sauce and fries. Good place to stop for lunch after checking out the TJ Maxx up the road.