“Diverse Menu - Vegan Frindly”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Woung Luang Thai Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 312 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: Phone - 925-825-3787
Vallejo, California
“Diverse Menu - Vegan Frindly”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Located on Todos Santos Plaza, a great place to stop and be refreshed. Robust menu offering standard dishes, a few specialties and "Thai Street Food". Also offers a nice selection of dinner salads. Most items come in your choice of protein, including tofu, making this a friendly restaurant for vegetarians and vegans. We ordered Cashew Nuts, Tofu Veggie Delight, and Crispy Tofu. Items were cooked perfectly and sauces were complex and rich. We like spicy, and will let the staff know to make ours more spicy next time. Standard seasoning will not challenge the average American palate.

Offers lunch and dinner service. Appetizers in the $7-$9 range; entree's $12-$16. If spaces around Square are filled, there is abundant free parking in public structures nearby (good job, downtown Concord!).

• Visited July 2012

Lafayette, California
“A great lunch stop”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stopped here 5 or 6 times over the past year to grab lunch with a co-worker. Each time, the service has been excellent. My friend and I have always found the food to be very fresh and well-prepared with a good selection to choose from. If you arrive a few minutes before noon, there is plenty of parking around the square. But beware of those days when there is a farmer's market in the park at lunch-time- finding a place for the car can be challenging.

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles
“Very disappointing Thai food”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I ordered some food to go today for myself and some coworkers and was really disappointed in the food. I had pad see yew and it wasn't very good. One of my colleagues ordered Thai bbq beef and he said it was tough and chewy. I don't normally care about the decor of a restaurant (the food is more important), but this restaurant needs a substantial renovation. Definitely won't be going back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food was really good...”
Reviewed October 4, 2008

The food was really good but the service was on the slow side...just be prepared.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
xaosneo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have all day to wait??”
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Arrived happy craving some delicious curry, instead dissapointed with hunger. I stood in the waiting area for almost 10 minutes before being acknowledged. The hostess was walking by quickly and I interrupted her intentional look away after short eye contact. I stated the fact that I had been waiting for a table to have dinner. She took me to my table after reminding her that I was waiting, and she sat me down without a menu. I waited for almost another 10 minutes before just leaving completely dissatisfied. I will never know how great their food is as the service was too terrible to give me the chance.
xaosneox@gmail.com