“Not great”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
California
“Not great”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here after the Best Western over booked and had no room for us. At first the place seemed nice, but once leaving the lobby I realized it wasn't going to be a great stay. Our room smelled like they had done some heavy cleaning, yet the bathroom was filthy with hair on the floor and on the shower walls. Our sink had water in it and it wasn't clean water. The room was quiet even though it was right by the freeway, it is in a good location.

The next morning we went down to breakfast and there was no place to sit and no food. You could see where the food should be, but all the trays were empty. Several of us asked when the items would be refilled and they said soon. I couldn't even get a cup of coffee or milk for the cereal. After waiting 20 minutes we headed down to the Denny's.

I let the manager know my concerns upon check out and she apologized and said they would try to improve. Sadly I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sam S, Customer Service Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Mccannam,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback online regarding your recent stay at Clarion Hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

Regarding the issues and concerns on your recent visit, I have shared your feedback with the concerned dept head to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Concord.

1-­925-­566-­8820

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you're looking for a nice place to enjoy your trip with affordable price, this is the one. I was in a hurry to find a hotel for a one night stay and booked this one. Didn't expect much from this hotel, but everything is upto the mark. The complimentary breakfast was nothing less than a restaurant. Thank you trip advisor!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Teja b
Sam S, Customer Relationship Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Teja,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

upon check in i got a room in their outer/exterior side. When i went to the room i was very disgusted. So i went back to the front desk I told them i want my money back and Michelle who checked me in was very helpful in giving me room in their interior side. She told me that theres new management and they are upgrading those rooms but that i would be satisfied with this room.
yeah Michelle

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear c j,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We are in the process of remodeling our property and we are sure that the issue you have highlighted will be taken care of in this process.

We are looking forward to providing you better accommodation and service the next time you are in town.

1-­925-­566-­8820

Travelers are raving about these Concord hotels

Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel it is dirty in the common areas as well as the rooms. Furniture in rooms are old and trashed. Oh ya and don't forget the hidden $200.00 deposit they hit you up for when you check in.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Hotel.

Cleanliness is our up-most priority and we dedicate a lot of our time staff, dedication and handwork to keep our hotel neat, clean and pleasant at all times.

I have shared your feedback with all the concerned teams to ensure that we never have these types of situations in the future.

Our hotel holds an additional $200 above the total cost of the guest’s stay. That additional is released upon checkout. It is to cover incidentals like possible long distance charges to the room, meals billed to the room, and any possible damages incurred etc.

Please note that this is a standard practice in all the hotels in our area.

Our registration form has this printed on it. Whenever a guest checks in, the front desk points that area out to the guest and asks them to read and initial this part and then read through the bottom and sign.

This is what this part says: “Debit/Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus $200 to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check-out to be released by your financial institution and the hotel is not responsible for any resulting fees or charges.____________(initials)

Las Vegas
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

When I first walked into his hotel that looked acceptable, But then the closer I look and appear to be not as a clean as I thought,

The front desk short guy was extremely unhelpful,
He could not answer my questions
About
1-The choice Hotel program

2-What is the cheapest season and time of the month's To stay

3-He often interrupted me and answer the phone

4-Ignoring some of the question I almost thought he was under the influence of something

So I requested from him to put me in far away room from the construction people, But then before you know it in the morning I was in the middle of everybody and they woke me up at 5:30 in the morning As they making noise preparing to go to work

On top of that when the time for me to check out the front desk person, Was speaking very loudly on the walkie-talkie Yelling at one of the employees there
Sounded very provocative language At the same time I was standing there waiting for her to help After she checked me out she did not bother to say thank you for staying in or how was your stay, She continual yelling and screaming on the walkie-talkie as other guests walked in
I would never ever stay in this hotel again
Until fix the rooms and making a little bit more cleaners

Train the existing people or hire new Professional staff

Isolate the regular people from the construction workers As they wake up very early in the morning And they could be extremely loud,

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Sir,

With regards to some of the issues that you have highlighted, We have a new well trained team managing our front desk now. We have ongoing training for all our staff to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.

We did in the near past review the performance of our front desk team and made necessary changes required.

I have shared your feedback with my entire Team to ensure that we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. Service is ok , but rooms were horrible. AC doesnt work , rooms were filthy , hallways smelt like urine. Wouldnt recommend going outside after dark , a lot of mischievious kids hanging out around the building smoking weed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

this is a good value in an excellent location. Very easy freeway access. Breakfast is free . Wifi was very good. We originally booked the outside room. The rooms were okay we moved to the inside tower it was much better

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!