“Take away only” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bludso's BBQ

Bludso's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Compton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Monterey
“Take away only”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I did not have to wait long, but have heard that there can be a long wait at times. Since there is no dining in option, you might as well call in ahead. I had the ribs. They were great, some of the best I've had, perfectly cooked and with a wonderful flavour. And, the price was reasonable.

• Visited August 2014

“Best Beef Ribs EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Bludso's BBQ Restaurant has without a doubt, the BEST BBQ Beef ribs that I have ever tasted! I have traveled the long drive from West Hollywood to Compton on 4 different occasions, just to get a bite of those delicious, tender, mouth-watering ribs, and I have NEVER been disappointed - EVER! I have tried numerous restaurants - seeking delicious BBQ Beef ribs, and Bludso's wins hands down! Though they are a little too heavy with the pepper in their meat rub, I look past that dive into the meaty deliciousness of those ribs! You want slamming BBQ Beef Ribs? Yes? Well, you better make your way to Budso's! BTW, they only serve the beef ribs on the weekends, but you better get there early, or call your order in - as they sell out VERY quickly!

• Visited August 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Texas style BBQ in So CA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I haven't had good ribs in 4-ever, so I was glad I finally had the chance to drop by here. An appointment in Vernon put me on the 710 South on the way to Huntington Beach. Bludsos is located on LB Blvd, near Alondra in CPT, and they serve Texas-style BBQ. They will also smoke and fry a turkey for you.

I had some friends that wanted to try Bludsos too, so I ordered the Party Tray which is supposed to feed 6-8. It prolly feeds more like 8-10: ($65 - 1 slab of pork ribs; 1/2 lb tri tip; 1/2 lb brisket; 1/2 lb links; 1/2 chicken; 1 qt beans: 1 qt potato salad; and 1 loaf of white bread. I also wanted to try a slice of sweet potato pie ($2.50).

The ribs were outstanding!!! The meat fell off the bone, had a nice smoky flavor and the sauce accented the very meat well. Secondarily, the links were excellent. They had a nice snap, were well seasoned and were moist on the inside. There was a mix of mild & spicy. Thirdly, the tri tip and brisket were also off da hook. They both had nice smoke rings, and were tender and delish. Lastly, the chicken was moist too and nicely seasoned. It was probably brined, which is a good thing because BBQ chicken tends to be dry: All 5 Stars.

The sides and dessert matched the meat in terms of uniqueness. The beans contained salt pork, which made them more tasty. Secondarily, the potato salad had egg & mustard, and was not too sour like the kind at most chain markets. Good sweet potato pie is hard to come by, but not at Bludsos. The pie was as good as I have had in New Orleans. Lastly, the "pièce de résistance", was the party tray comes w/ a loaf of white bread - Hahaha!: All 5 Stars.

The staff is super nice. I didn't get a rude look, or get asked, "What kind of sauce do you want, sweet & sour?" - LOL!!! One girl takes your order, you pay at one window, and pick up at another. Additionally, the order came out quickly. Lastly, I ordered the pie afterwards, and they said don't worry about it. How cool!!!: 5 Stars. Bludsos is a total hole in the wall and is take out only. However, the foregoing gives Bludsos a lot of character: 5 Stars.

Bludsos has the best BBQ I have had in So CA. The meat is tender, smoky and the sauce adds a nice touch. In addition, the staff is super nice and efficient. A definite must try if you are in the area (which is in a rough part of town). Just make sure you go in the daytime though!!!

• Visited July 2014
“All food is take-out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

No place to sit and eat, but that's okay, because this is the most tasty bbq in California.

Ribs, tender and fall off the bone.

Chicken is moist and oh, so delish.

I didn't care much for the brisket. But bf did like it.

Side dishes are okay, and all orders come with white bread.

Call ahead and ypu will skip the horrendous line that is outside.

Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank email4saundra1
Los Angeles, California
“THE BEST EVER BBQ!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Bludso's BBQ on Long Beach Blvd. in Compton, is a small place with the BEST, and I do mean THE BEST, BBQ I have ever had!!!!!!!!! And believe me, I'm familiar with all the soul food and BBQ places in the L.A. area! There are several good ones, but this one exceeds all the others by far!!! Everytime I eat here, I literally turn into a little (or big) piggy....the food is sooo good, you cannot stop eating it. Their ribs are absolutely heavenly!!!!!!, and their links and sausages are wonderful, too. I haven't tried the chicken, because I'm sooo hooked on those ribs, but I'm sure it's very good, too. As far as side dishes, I've had their greens, mac 'n' cheese, cole slaw....and they are all GREAT! I wouldn't call this a sit-down restaurant, but they do have a seating area outside, if you want to enjoy your food right then and there, while it's still hot. It's more of a take-out place. The place is very popular (since the food is da bomb!), so sometimes there's a line when you get there. You can call in your take-out order ahead of time though, so when you get there you won't have to wait very long, if at all. If you're a BBQ/soul food lover, I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend trying this place...even if you live somewhere else in the L.A. area, it's well worth the drive!!! I cannot say enough good about this restaurant....my taste buds are all excited now, just from me talking about it! GET IN YOUR CAR AND TRY THIS PLACE, you will not be sorry!

• Visited May 2014