“Fantastic stay!!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Dallas, TX
“Fantastic stay!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2007

We (my 18 year old daughter and I - I'm... uh hem... 40) loved our stay here. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. They asked us several times during our stay as we'd walk by the lobby
if we were enjoying our stay and was there anything they could do to make it better. And they actually wanted an answer! We had problems with our TV reception...it was fixed within an hour of reporting the
problem. I'd had some internet connectivity issues - they credited me
for that day (although I do believe internet should be included in the room price - but it's only $10/day - I bought 2 and paid for 1 day during my 6 night stay). Room service was prompt and delicious. The breakfast is pricey, but fabulous - and the desk clerk who we checked in with gave us a coupon for a free breakfast.

The outlet mall across the parking lot was an added bonus. High end and low end shops, plus a Starbucks and some fast food, all within easy walking distance.

We were super impressed with the room itself (see photos - be sure to look at the view that we had). We were on the 6th floor on the outlet mall side. A silouette of LA in the distance. There's a casino
believe it or not next door. The bed was very comfortable, the room really clean, the water pressure was not as good as mine here at home, but is the best I've ever had in any hotel. The water is nice and hard, so you rinse nice and clean. The bathroom is smaller than most 4-star+ hotels, but bigger than 3-stars or less hotels. It is exactly a 3 1/2 star hotel - although in some cases it could rival some 4-star hotels that I've been to.

One word of warning... If you are looking to go to Sunset Strip/
Hollywood Blvd/Universal Studios/Downtown LA/Venice or Santa Monica beach, etc., get ready to spend some time in your car. At first the traffic was a novelty - but by the end of our trip, we were over it. A 15-20 mile drive will literally take you 1 1/2 hours or more. However if your goal is more Disney/Knottberry/Long Beach oriented - this hotel will work great. It's not right around the corner, but I don't think you'll find a better value for your dollar. So it's worth
the extra 5 miles to stay somewhere so nice yet affordable.

Being by the highway was NOT a problem noise-wise, and we found it to
be very convenient. Parking is free and ample. The only flaw I could find with this hotel is that for some reason housekeeping never replaced the bag for our ice bucket. But when you passed them in the hall, they too were very courteous.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I highly recommend it. Enjoy the photos and don't tell them we jumped on their soft cushy bed. =) Oh and please note that we'd already been in the room for 5 nights by the time we took photos - so please excuse the mess.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank no_deadbeats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
Reviewed May 6, 2007

Neat hotel in a convenient location, next to the Citadel shopping outlets as well as Highway 5. Quiet & nice. However, bathroom is a little tight.

• Liked — Convenient
  • Disliked — front desk staff were not as friendly
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed February 18, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of co-workers for business purposes. We arrived a little early but checking in was no problem. Alecia, the desk clerk was friendly and made me feel very welcome. My first impression upon entering the room was very good. The bathroom to the immediate right was large with a counter top/sink running the length of the bathroom. Plenty of room for personal items plus the coffee pot and tray of two (real ceramic!) cups; coffee, tea, sugar and creamer packets; the hair dryer and shampoo, conditioner, lotion bottles, etc. The hotel towels were thick, soft and plentiful: 4 each-large bath towels, hand towels and washcloths. To the left of the door was the stand alone closet with plenty of suit-type wood hangers, an iron and ironing board. The room itself was quite large with a pillow-top king sized bed with white comforter and six(!) pillows; the usual TV armoire; two bedside stands with wall mounted swing lamps; a nice size desk and a Herman Miller® Aeron® chair; two floor lamps; and a comfortable easy chair. With all this the room did not feel at all cramped and everything was neat and spotlessly clean. The hotel does offer wireless internet access but it's (to me) pricey at about $10/day. I found out later you can join the "WyndhambyRequest" club and get it for free along with some other perks. It's worth looking into. After checking out the room, I turned on air conditioner and heard an awful clanging noise. I immediately went back to the check-in area and told Alecia of the problem. After a few minutes discussion and consultation with the manager (it seems the hotel was fully booked), I was given a new room. I had no other difficulties after that and had a very pleasant, comfortable stay. FYI: I do not recommend the room service menu except for breakfast which has the standard fare. The dinner menu is limited and if my "Seafood Cobb Salad" is an indication of the quality of the dishes then, yuck! We did not try the on-site restaurant; it was a little too costly for those on a budget. Better to walk the couple of blocks to the food court or restaurants in the outlet mall. Better choices, much better quality and you can bring your food back to eat in your room or in the lovely outdoor courtyard which has plenty of tables, and cushioned chairs, and benches. The staff of the hotel were all very pleasant and seemed eager to make our stay care-free.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank pagekat
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed January 24, 2007

This was a decent hotel - very nice, seemed new, and very clean. The location, inches away from the freeway, was not the best. The staff was friendly, the parking was plentiful, and needless to say, it was easy to access most of the surrounding areas. I would recommend this hotel if you Priceline it, but I would never choose it outright.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank DNLeeper
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 2, 2006

I just stayed here last weekend and have to say the hotel is perfectly ok. It is located Citadel outlet mall and seems to have good security.

The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are in good shape for a 3 star. Staff I've dealt with were very nice too.

They have really good weekend rates and this is a completely acceptable place to stay for a weekend trip.

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eyhchen
Victorville, California
Reviewed October 15, 2006

Staff was friendly. That is only possitive thing to say. Hotel music on outside speakers was extremely loud making it very hard to sleep. We were above the quad and music played outhere as well the fact that there were screaming kids hanging out there as well. When leaving the next morning, graffiti was written all over my car. To say I was not satisified is an understatment. Next time we need to stay in the area, it will be at a Motel 6. It would probably be safer and quieter.

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank mou2
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 26, 2006

Horrible location for a hotel. Right next to an 8-lane freeway. Air quality in the hotel room was horrendous.

I had a room on the 6th floor facing out somewhat away from the interstate. The only way I survived was to leave the window open all day (to air out the room) and then to close it for the night. I also wore earplugs 3/4 nights.

The room itself was not that bad. It was the lack of air! The hotel had a larger fitness room, but it was located on the side of the hotel next to the interstate. The air inside the fitness room was so bad that I couldn't imagine working out in that rathole.

The room itself was ok. The hotel was under renovation and the floor I stayed on was apparently renovated. The same hotel in a rural setting would have been fine.

I also had a cup of tea in the hotel restaurant. While it was overpriced ($2.50), the water used to make the tea was so polluted that I couldn't drink it. I gagged once and left the rest.

Hotel also tried to charge me for I-net usage. Rather stupid to make it free only for their freq. guest program members.

I was really relieved to return to Atlanta, thinking I had a near-death experience... If I ever return to the area on business, I will NOT stay in this area.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank mikro88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!