“Absolutely love this place!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Phoenix
“Absolutely love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I have stayed here every October for the past 3 years when we attend Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Each time we arrive at this Doubletree we are never disappointed. The staff's service is always excellent, and our stays are comfortable. This place has such a peaceful ambiance. Just as other reviewers have stated, the freeway access is so nice and convenient. My husband is hard to please when it comes to places to stay; I made the suggestion to my husband for us to stay somewhere else, closer to Universal Studios- but my husband refused stating he likes this place way too much to try somewhere else. Also, the price to stay here is very reasonable. If you stay, you HAVE to eat one of their yummy chocolate chip cookies!!!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CommerceDT, Rooms Division Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I'm so glad that you found everything to your liking and I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever your in the LA area. We will always have a warm Doubletree chocolate chip cookie waiting for at check-in. If you should happen to think of anything else we could have done to make your stay with us more enjoyable, please let us know. Once again, Thank You for your time and comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Diego , CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

i booked a night over there just to spend the night , i was driving from Hollywood and i kept going to this rough broken neighborhood , i kept telling my self it will get better , but it kept getting worse and worse .
the area is full of factories , the cars there looks like gangs cars , it did not make me feel at all , i was so worried that someone will start shooting out of the blue , when i did arrive there . i was like to hell with it i am not staying here with my child , so i left before i even checked in .

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RuRu25
I'm sorry you felt that way about the area. However, I do wish you had given us the chance to wow you. I'm sure we would have been able to make you and your family feel welcome and safe.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

It is very difficult to find a hotel with free parking in LA. We were very happy with our stay in this Double Tree. It is just right next to the free way, easy access to freeway entrance. There is an outlet mall right next to the hotel. Good for people who love shopping. The location is just great. The room was nice and roomy. We got a room facing to the pool and we liked the pool view a lot. Besides, the free fresh baked cookies really made us happy. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I have just returned from a one week stay at this hotel with my husband and 12 year old son. Having travelled to various cities around the world staying in 4 or 5 star hotels, I choose this hotel based on previous tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed! It truly is an absolute gem of a hotel in a city location. The hotel is situated across from a shopping outlet mall and feels extremely safe. It has direct access to a freeway and is perfectly situated for all the tourist attractions in LA. However, you do need a car to stay at this hotel. Downtown LA is 15mins drive and Universal Studios, Hollywood, Anaheim and Santa Monica and Manhattan Beaches are all approx 30mins away. The hotel is extremely quiet and the staff are excellent. They have a "catch me on a good day customer satisfaction scoring system" where guests are all encouraged to score all staff in the hotel, from frontline staff to behind the scenes staff (roomservice) on how good your service was. Staff also display on their uniforms the overall rating out of 10 that customers have given them. We were suprised initially to find that most staff displayed ratings of 10, but it soon became clear that they all truly deserved this rating. The service and friendliness of staff is comparible to other 5 star hotels which we have stayed in such as the Ritz hotel in Madrid. We stayed in a one bedroom suite during our stay and the rooms were all comfortable. The hotel has a small secluded pool, excellent fitness centre and bar and restaurant which serves good food. We also ordered room service food on a few occassions and again were really impressed with both the quality of the food and the prices which dont break the bank. If you are hiring a car in LA I would definately recommend that you stay at this hotel. We will definately return!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

The customs agent questioned why I chose to stay in Commerce. I answered that it was in a central location to what we wanted to see. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The courtyard pool and fitness room were also very nice... A great stay, especially considering the price. Having the outlet mall right next door was an added bonus!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Innisfil, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We arrived here on Christmas Eve and were greeted with warm cookies and great hospitality. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The beds had good linen and lots of pillows. The hotel is very clean and right next to the Outlet Mall.
The buffet breakfast is also very good. We ate the every morning.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

The last two times I've been in LA I stayed at the Doubletree El Segundo (near LAX). Both times were great stays! This time I thought I'd try Doubletree Commerce for a change in scenery and the reviews seemed to better than the one in El Segundo.

Upon arrival we didn't get their famous warm cookie. That wasn't a biggie but I do enjoy the cookie I usually get at El Segundo. Check in was uncomplicated and quick. Taking a brief look at the hotel it seemed nice and clean. They have a beautiful courtyard you walk through from the lobby to the rooms. It's a great place to have some wine and chat after dinner.

The room was clean BUT does not compare to El Segundo. It's smaller, no fridge, and the mattress/ sheets were of lesser quality. My flat sheet had a hole from what looked like a cigarette burn. The AC is REALLY loud so much so that I had to sleep with it off and just kept the window cracked open. The view from the room looks onto old run down buildings and the casino in the far distance. El Segundo's view are commercial buildings but alot nicer to look at as they're kept up.

Overall if I hadn't been to El Segundo I would think this hotel was ok enough to use again. The hotel is descent, clean (minus my bed sheets), and economical. I only heard the freeway slightly but in fairness I had my window slightly opened. The plus would be Citadel (outlet mall) is literally right next door - good eats and shopping can be found!

I would recommend this hotel to a friend if they needed a place closer to downtown LA otherwise I'd lean them more towards El Segundo for only $10 more a night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!