Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Hawaiian Gardens, United States
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I came here to relax and be comfortable after having my wisdom teeth extracted and I left feeling great. The front desk gentlemen was very nice and the cookies were delicious (I ate them very slowly with my front teeth, I had too they were my favorite and warm). The bed was SO comfortable, from the blanket to the four pillows the bed had! Great experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Norma A
Tiffany D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Commerce! Having your wisdom teeth removed can be quite an experience! I shared your comments with Henry, the guest service agent who assisted you, and he was very grateful for your compliments! We will see you again very soon!

Tom Smalley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during our visit to LA in dec. The rooms are very comfortable and I'd say we had a good rest here. Gym was fantastic. Do take note that the bathroom is not anti-slip and it can be very slippery when wet. Remember to get the anti slip mat from housekeeping. I have also feedback this issue to the GM and ge mentioned that the hotel is in the process of upgrading the bath tubs. The hotel is also near the citadel outlets (which I find to be too crowded with pretty much the same prices elsewhere). Overall I find my stay ok and will probably come back again. But not for 3 nights.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay experience on Trip Advisor! I'm glad you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms, and were able to rest well. Our brand new PreCor workout equipment also makes our gym wonderful. I appreciated your feedback regarding the bathtubs, and we are upgrading in order to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your next stay. Thank you again!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights, rooms were clean and comfortable and hotel staff was very friendly, good towels, pretty much your standard quality Hilton property. However, after one of my coworker's iPad was stolen out of her luggage, my comfort level with the hotel drastically decreased. I was traveling with 7 additional guests for work. My coworker placed her iPad in her luggage, in a zipped up pocket in her luggage. When we returned that evening, the iPad was gone. Hotel records show that the only people to access the room was the guest and housekeeping. Of course, the lady who cleaned the room says she never took the iPad and the hotel says they have never had a theft in 22 years. Oddly, I did a quick search online and found that at least one other person reported an iPod stolen but the hotel never called back and acknowledge the guest's claim. The hotel did state they would cover the cost of replacing the iPad, however, the tone that was taken by the hotel was that the guest never did bring an iPad and housekeeping never steals so obviously the guest is lying. The guest did file a police report and hopefully the hotel will make good to replace the iPad - although, it certainly does not come close to replacing the feeling that you have been violated ... or the precious memories stored on the iPad that she will never be able to get back. So, if you feel you need to stay at this hotel - stay at your own risk. The hotel does not have safes in the room, and if anything of value is left in the room, it may not be there when you return. Apparently, some of the housekeeping staff has no qualms about going through zipped up luggage to find something of value they would like ... This made the rest of the week a little uneasy, and while I never had anything taken, I didn't like thinking that someone was going through my luggage - that isn't what housekeeping is supposed to do. It is disappointing to say the least ...

Room Tip: The elevator is EXTREMELY slow.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your colleague did call our hotel back after returning home and realized her IPAD was in her luggage. We take great care in ensuring guests have a secure and comfortable stay, and take great pride in our staff. I regret your confidence level changed with this unfortunate misinformation. We hope you will return again when you next visit Commerce.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This smallish hotel was built right behind the high walled Citadel outlet mall, with 3 enclosing courtyards linking the lobby, restaurant bar, conference rooms and the hotel tower. Space was limited yet very nicely landscaped and illuminated. The oasis like courtyard hugging the glimmering swimming pool was most inviting for a dip or a nap under the shade. The room was tight but at least clean and fresh smelling. The included breakfast buffet was pretty average with supermarket quality items and so-so made-to-order omelet (I don't know why they needed to bake the omelet after it was already cooked - that made it dead and dry, no?). Of the signifying morning bread: I believe they baked a batch of croissants and serve them over several days. We had fresh croissants 2 out of 5 mornings. One time Jessica the staff brought us fresh ones after I mentioned my disappointment. Thanks for the excellent service! All thing considered, it was a nice stay nonetheless.

Room Tip: If you are HHonor member, lower you expectation to the Tuesday evening reception. It was pretty unde...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of all The DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Commerce staff, we sincerely thank you for the stellar review! Our nicely landscaped and illuminated property is very welcoming. I'm glad you had the chance to take a dip in our refreshing pool! Your comments regarding your breakfast experience have been addressed. We take pride in serving only the finest quality foods, and I regret you left with a different impression. I'm excited to share with Jessica your mention of her by name. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2014

excellent place to stay if your aim is to be close to a factory outlet; i opted to stay here as my plan was to do my shopping on the last leg of my holiday... the hotel is literally at the doorstep of citadel outlet, it was so convenient, i can shop anytime & carry my shopping goods without the hassle of driving or catching a taxi! if i feel like going back to the hotel & recommence my shopping later, i can because of the hotel's proximity to the shop! also while i'm shopping, my son can stay at the hotel as he loves to use the hotels fitness centre! dining works well for us as we have an option to either dine in the hotel or outside, there are a number of food stores in citadel at reasonable price...the location is also a plus as its tucked away from the busy downtown area, a nice place to relax though close to the freeway, it's fairly quiet, you can barely hear the noise of a busy road!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for writing an excellent review on Trip Advisor! Our wonderful location next to The Citadel Outlet mall is a great benefit. I'm glad you had time to shop while you were here! We hope to welcome you back to the property in the near future!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a hotel which was arranged pretty late in the day due to a change in plans, and what a surprise it was.
If you're visiting LA, you're going to need a car, so location isn't really that important, but the hotel is situated at the far side of a retail park (parking nearby reserved for hotel guests only, and plenty of it) in the Commerce district. Great shopping possibilities until 10pm - many stores to peruse and some great bargains. This was a bonus.
The hotel itself is very well maintained, very welcoming, and even, dare I say it, classy. Which is a huge surprise given the price bracket. This was the cheapest hotel which we stayed in during our tour of the west coast, and I would say it was also the best.
Great staff, diligent housekeeping, perfectly sized and appointed room (although the view was nothing special - remember where exactly you are), and a very comfortable bed. No noise issues.
The breakfast was an enjoyable experience, plenty of choice, and chefs on-hand to provide you with custom-made omelettes, waffles, pancakes, and the like. The dining staff never seemed to be too absent or too pushy.
Again, the staff were very friendly, polite, and helpful. We never tried the fitness area or pool, but that was due to time constraints. We stayed there for three nights and never had a single complaint.
And you know what? The lobby smelled nice. It's an often underestimated factor, but the best hotels always hit you with a nice, but low-key scent when entering the property.
Best hotel I've stayed in, in the US so far, and for this price? Unbeatable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stormachtig
Wow, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and detailed review on Trip Advisor! To be mentioned as the best hotel you've stayed at in The United States is truly special! Your warm compliments on our diligent housekeeping service, to our friendly guest services team, is also very kind! I'm grateful you experienced our new menu in the restaurant as well! We seek to provide a classy, well maintained property with top notch service. I'm glad knowing you left with this impression. Again, thank you so much for the review!

Denmark, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This Double Tree is located next door to a fantastic outlet mall. After shopping, we retired to our room and it was most comfortable. The sheets were extremely soft, the mattress fantastic. One of the best nights sleep I've had during our vacation. The staff was warm and inviting. The courtyard between the lobby and the rooms was a new and enjoyabl experience. Our stay was great, but not long enough!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Scott H
Thank you for the excellent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your valuable time sharing your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed our exceptional guest rooms and above and beyond staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Tom Smalley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!