“Despite some lack in amenities, XLNT NIGHT'S STAY”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Despite some lack in amenities, XLNT NIGHT'S STAY”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

OK, starting with cons, there was no in-room fridge or microwave, but I understand I could have asked for one. But that was it! Doubletree Torrance has those amenities built in each room. But what a fantastic quiet room in Commerce, with clean everything, and a super bed. Our floor offered iced cool melon water by the elevators. Our room had a great view of the western sky. Didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but the short walk to the Citadel and Ruby's Diner really made for a terrific next day. The pool was small, but clean and the jacuzzi, admittedly, better than the one in Torrance. I love both locations, tho, all offering endless fresh baked cookies..., and this is definitely a hotel to return to someday :) 5 stars.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the western side for a great view of city lights and the sunset.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany D, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the five star Trip Advisor review! I'm glad you enjoyed our quiet, comfortable guest rooms. We do offer refrigerators and microwaves for our guests as an extra amenity of $10.00. I'm happy knowing you enjoyed the beautiful western sky from your guest room! We have some of the best views of the LA skyline and sunset.

The Citadel Outlets are a wonderful option for shopping and dining, and I'm grateful you were able to take advantage of our close location to the outlets. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy our relaxing pool as well.

We will have plenty of freshly baked warm chocolate chip and walnut cookies with your name on them! We will see you again soon!

Tiffany D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went there last weekend for a short getaway. We go to LA very often and have tried several hotels near Doubletree. The location is very convenient (right next to I-5). Hotel facility is standard. Staffs are helpful and nice.I'm a HHonors club member so they gave me complimentary WiFi access which is nice.

First thing I notice is the parking space. It shares the parking lot with the Citadel Outlets mall which is a big problem for major holidays because you simple can't find any parking space there during the day. I saw mall shoppers literally parked their vehicles in the designated parking area for the hotel. The security from the hotel just can't keep up with it.

Second thing that upsets me is no refrigerator in the room. I was shocked when I found out. Then I talked to the front desk and they said it only costs $10 per day. I was like "what"?

Third thing I saw was that room services dishes/pizza boxes were sitting in the corridor for almost 12 hours. I saw in my floor for two consecutive days.

Overall, this is a place for those you care about location and convenience. If you are seeking for a relaxation time. Find some place else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Commerce. Our convenient location and friendly staff make our property a very relaxing option while in Los Angeles. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary internet access as a valued Hilton Honors member.

The parking spaces for our hotel are owned by The Citadel Outlets, which allows shoppers to also utilize these spaces as well. I apologize if this caused any challenges while at our hotel.

We do offer complimentary refrigerators in our suites, and can accomodate this request in any of our guest rooms. We do charge for this service as this offer is an extra amenity for our guest rooms.

Thank you for informing me about the room service trays in the hallway. I will be sharing your comments with our Restaurant Manager.

I hope we can have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for the review.

Massapequa, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Although nicely located midway between Universal and Disney, it was right off Interstate 5, and some highway noise was audible. we also had to ask several times for additional towels for our party of 4-kept on only getting 3 towels, pretty frustrating. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, received complimentary full breakfast each morning for all of us, which was a nice touch!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience on Trip Advisor. I regret the highway noise affected your stay while at our property. We do offer complimentary ear plugs for our guests. We can also help locate a room away from the highway for our light sleepers on your next visit.

The feedback you provided regarding towel service is very helpful, and I will share your comments directly with our Housekeeping Manager. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning!

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to review your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Gouda, The Netherlands
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,150 helpful votes
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Breakfast was well organized at this Doubletree, with omelet or waffles made on request. Front desk staff very polite too. The free internet was welcome, and at good speed too. Nice small pool, just good enough for us. And well located, right next to the Citadel outlet stores. Weekend parking just a bit challenging due to that. Would return to this hotel when in the LA area.

4 Thank Danny R
Thank you for the stellar review on Trip Advisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our exceptional breakfast service! I will ensure these compliments are shared with our Food & Beverage team. Thank you as well for the compliments on our amazing front desk staff. We are passionate and enthusiastic about providing the highest levels of service and care for our guests.

I'm grateful our location benefited you as well during your stay. Thank you again for the wonderful review!

San Ramon, CA, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a great experience! Everyone is friendly with genuine smiles. From the reception, housekeeping and restaurant. I especially thought Stephanie was great and she made the difference. She not only greeted me with a warm smile after a long day she gave great recommendations. I also observed her giving other guests great service. For example, a couple was newly married and she had a surprise sent to them, another couple on business could not stop raving about her service and I thought she was great as well. I asked her why everyone was so helpful. She stated Tom the general manager gave everyone the empowerment to take care of the guest. She felt valued and was happy to hear that the entire team from reception and housekeeping were doing a great job. I will definitely return and I have told many people about my experience and will continue to share my experience. The restaurant food is also excellent! Great job everyone!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Sylvia G
We are thrilled to receive your outstanding review on Trip Advisor! Wow. Knowing you left with a memorable experience worth sharing gives us the greatest satisfaction. I have shared your comments personally with Stephanie, and she was so appreciative for your kind words. We truly believe in empowering all our team members to provide the highest levels of customer service.

Thank you for sharing your experience with those around you as well! We look forward to taking great care of you again soon!

los angeles, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great attitudes exhibited by all staffers....catering was excellent! The hotel lobby and parking was available to guests even though the mall parking was a mess! Let me not leave out the WARM cookie experience which was so soothing after a long drive to the hotel. I also enjoyed the variety of movie rentals; more than enough options for all viewing audiences. Room service was fast and friendly also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience on Trip Advisor! We take pride in providing superior levels of customer service and care, and I'm glad you were comforted by our attention to detail. Our warm, chocolate chip and walnut cookies are unforgettable, and very soothing after a long drive.

We truly appreciate the time taken to review our hotel, and look forward to your return. Thank you again!

Crescent City, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My first time staying at a Doubletree it was not the best experience but this time I stayed in the Doubletree in Commerce. I have to say all the people working there were nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

2 Thank Alicia D
On behalf of The DoubleTree By Hilton Los Angeles Commerce, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor! I'm grateful we had the opportunity to serve you while in Los Angeles. We look forward to your next stay. We will have our warm, chocolate chip and walnut cookies waiting for you. Thank you again for the review!

Tiffany D.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!