“Shocking” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Whittier, California
“Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was not my expectation of a 'Ramada'. Personally I smell trouble when I see Police at the front door every time I drive by. My out of town family will stay there because of the value. The rooms have new beds and are VERY comfortable, yet linens are old, thin and dingy. The bathroom plumbing is 'yucky' - you see mold and there are holes in the shower walls - if you must shower go ahead but I would not advise a 'bath'. The carpet REALLY needs to be replaced throughout the place. The hall are murky and dim.

ALTHOUGH.. for the price - this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms before you sign anything - and that's anywhere you go.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This time i stay there by myself, seems like they re-do the interior. it was clean and bed was brand new...and the price was really good. Most Inn's that i stayed with same price wasn't as nice as this one..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I really enjoyed staying here the room was very clean as soon as I walked in I could smell how clean it was I was very excited to staying in the hotel most hotels I have been in before where not as clean and payed more, the housekeeper was very nice and was surprized she new english :) the only thing I did not like was that the door slamed to hard and one of the lights didn't have a switch but we didn't really need it, the supervising lady was very nice and very professinal if she would pass by the halls and she seen anyone I would notice she will as if everything in our rooms where ok and if u needed anything she will make sure u got it a.s.a.p. the front desk on the other hand at times would be rude and have a bad attitude that's what makes me not want to go back, there is an old lady u can't understand and noticed she is just on her phone most the time other than that I would recomend this hotel to all my friends if anyway possible try avoiding the front desk!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jessi_100
CHINA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I went for my chinese new year vacation into Los Angeles. my travel agent book a reservation into this hotel and Las Vegas hotel. I like a most in this hotel is people are nice and safe. because they have security guard was there all the time. because I hear lot of about how dangerous in Los angeles area but this hotel I will highly recommand to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank SUSHI Y
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stay there for 3 nights..
Great location and service was good. Had a little hickup, but the manager was so nice enough to help us out start to end. And also, The room was huge and clean with good amenities.

Room Tip: if you have any questions or problems, talk to hotel manager. He will help you anyway he can.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SteveH32942
Beijing, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were there for 4 nights and I really hated this place !!! We didn't book this hotel on our own and it was arranged by a travel agency. The breakfast was horrible so we went to Denny's (right next door) almost every morning and since we are on a business trip and wifi is so important to us...I didn't know how we survived for that few days there. The wifi connection is not stable and it is super slow... The hotel seems very old so as soon as I walked into my room, I can smell something really weird in the air! The heater/AC is really loud at night so we had troubles to sleep at night and also it is not a really good cleaning job for room service...

The staff is nice but the quality of the hotel...yucks!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CSSNAKEW

Travelers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Narbonne, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights plus one night at the end of our trip.The room was huge and clean with good amenities. It was quiet despite being located next to the road. We were disappointed with breakfast as there isn't much to eat and it isn't very good quality. We preferred having breakfast at the Denny's just next door.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indocelyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Travelodge Inn & Suites Bell Los Angeles Area
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Pico Rivera

Been to Ramada Commerce/Los Angeles Area? Share your experiences!