“"TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE"”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Bakersfield, California, United States
“"TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE"”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My fiance is a truck driver and he is based in Commerce Ca. we live in Bakersfield Ca. He comes home every other week, so the other week that he doesn't come home I go out there to him. So we arrive at The Budget Inn and Suites, Looks great from the out side. beautiful palm trees four stories high. So my fiance and I walk into this room 302 to be exact, horrible, from the curtains, to the carpet, i was totally disgusted. I wanted to leave my fiance said that every other hotel was sold out, booked had no open rooms. I rather have slept in the truck than stay here, When we tried calling the front desk clerk, we were sent to another guests room instead of the front desk. Because my fiance was exhausted we stayed and the phone didn't work, we were on the third floor we just went to sleep, when we showed the front desk clerk the pictures, and requested a complimentary room her response was "OH YEAH ROOM NEEDS WORK" NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY THERE WE WILL MAKE OUR RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mommanell T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barstow, California
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place was the worst hotel i have ever ben too. We rented two rooms, upon getting in room there were roaches on the wall and blood on the pull out couch matress! After finding that we pulled back all the bedding and found hair and numerous stains on the old matresses! We were there for mabie 30 min went down to lobby to get our money back, and they refused to refund our money! He went up stairs to inspect said because we moved the bedding no refund.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank dietch75

Travelers are raving about these Commerce hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Worst hotel i have ever visit. Rooms are dirty, found cockroshes and bed bugs in the room. I ended up living the room in the middle of the night, the owner did not return my money he had really bad attitude. He even told me that i was the one that carry the bed bugs i called the department of health hopefully they can help and close this hotel. I have pictures to prove it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Esmeralda C
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 1, 2012

old blood stains on bathroom floor , dirty pillow cases, i didnt even take shower there, if you like a nice and clean room ,DONT VISIT THIS PLACE

Room Tip: i would make shure the place is clean , if not id try to get my money back
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frankie S
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I'm begging you to please stay away from this hotel!!!! I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT....When I went into the room I almost cried because i was afraid to stay there by myself, SO I LEFT and went to another hotel. And they didn't want to check me out which I thought was terrible customer service and had to tell them that I spoke to my lawyer and it's wrong for them to refuse to check me out!!!!!! IT WAS JUST EXTREMELY TERRIBLE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL...IF THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME TO LOS ANGELES THIS WOULD HAVE RUINED MY EXPERIENCE BUT THANK GOODNESS IT WAS NOT! DON'T DO IT!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank qube30815
San Ramon, California
Reviewed June 12, 2007

I booked because the price was right & it was a suite; but don't be fooled! It is right, literally right off the freeway, but surprisingly not as noisy as I would have thought! Not the best area, no amenities, nothing too close within walking distance for food. Right behind a gas station. But, it was cheap & my fault for not noticing that there was no pool. Wouldn't recommend; seems to be better hotels in the same area.

• Liked — it was a suite
  • Disliked — no pool, horrible location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank doozi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Travelodge Inn & Suites Bell Los Angeles Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino

Been to Studio 6 Commerce? Share your experiences!