“Too much traffic noise, front desk mediocre”

Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
A TripAdvisor Member
“Too much traffic noise, front desk mediocre”
Reviewed April 11, 2006

The hotel would probably be OK for a one-night stay. It was clean enough and comfortable. But I was there for a week, and its shortcommings quickly became apparent. The worst thing is that the hotel is very close to Interstate 5 and you will experience heavy and sustained traffic noise day and night. Unlike the other reviewer, I was not as impressed with the front desk. The girl at the desk seemed to struggle with employing basic common sense. I had asked for a refrigerator in the room and it took two days for one to be put in. Then it was plugged in to an outlet that didn't work. I called the desk and notified them of this and got no real response other than "Oh, OK." On the night before I was to check out, the girl at the desk finally got back to me and told me she could move me three doors down to a room that had a working refrigerator. Since I was checking out in the morning, it made no sense to pack up and move to another room for the night.

Also, the hotel is not in a very good area. The lobby is bolted shut in the later evening. If you are checking out early, the lobby will still be locked, so you will need to communicate to the desk by shouting through the heavy glass night window, which is located outside. I didn't enjoy my stay and won't stay there again. There are too many other choices.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2005

I was a bit worried at first because Super 8's are usually hit or miss. However, this motel was the exception. While it is located in an industrial area, it immediately has a professional look. We were greeted happily by the hotel desk clerk and she quickly got us into our room. The room was immaculately clean and well maintained. The bathroom floor could be eaten off of if you so desired. I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years, from Super 8's to W Hotels and this motel is one of the best in customer service and quality. The desk clerk offered at check in to Mapquest any directions that we may need on our 7 night stay and we took her up on this offer several times. The motel was in a safe area that I would not be afraid of walking around out at night. And to further secure the motel they have a nightime security guard who makes driving patrols and walks around the motel. The continental breakfast was of a typical nature and included danishes and coffee/juices. Overall, I was impressed with this motel and will stay there again when I return to LA for personal business. It is also great for families on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Travelodge Inn & Suites Bell Los Angeles Area
Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello

Been to Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area

Property: Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area
Address: 7810 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040-3237 (Formerly Super 8 Commerce/LA Area)
Location: United States > California > Commerce
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area 2*
Find superb hotel comfort and relaxation at Los Angeles Super 8 Hotel. Enjoy dining, recreation and nearby attractions including Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Staples Center and Los Angeles Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Commerce Hotel Commerce