“I stay here quite a bit”

Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
;as vegas
“I stay here quite a bit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

This hotel is very good about early check ins, if they have a clean room they will let you check in early, which in my book is a good thing, the rooms are always clean and for me the location is perfect. I do have 2 concerns though, the hotub outstide almost always seems to be out of order, and bath tubs in the rooms and been rigged so they do not plug so you cant have a bath.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I booked this after reading other people's reviews. I did not find that it was very noisy but then again, I sleep through anything!!! It was clean, continental breakfast was typical, internet was kind of slow, and the staff were extremely friendly. I had no issues with this place and it is a typical average 2-3 star hotel!! I enjoyed my stay and would stay again!!!

Maybe the people who complained because it was too noisy is because it's off a main drag and the highway is right next to it. I, however, had no problems!

Room Tip: My room was right near the pool in the front. It was quiet and average sized. It was also on first...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

It's a basic accomandation, we have a normal experience. But if you are a tourist, this will be very far from the tourist attractions of Los Angeles (30-50 km).
The breakfast is very basic, and everythink is sweet, nothing salty.
There is nonstop noise from the roads.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hrefa
Greater New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Very good value. Simple clean rooms at a very reasonable price, only 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. Conveniently located right off of Interstate 5. Simple breakfast (coffee, bagels, toast cereal) was also included. Ample free parking.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

This super 8 is actually pretty good. They have some nice facilities, including a very good workout room with good equipment. The first 2 days of our stay, the workout room was open in the mornings. However, on the 3rd day, it was closed. I called the front desk, and asked them to open it, but the manager refused. He said it would not open until the afternoon. I tried discussing it, but the manager refused. I did a workout in my room.

I have stayed at many hotels on business, and I have found that most travelers prefer to do workouts early in the morning. I don't understand why the manager would not open the workout room. The bed was very hard in our room, otherwise this Super 8 was OK.

• Liked — Nice pool
  • Disliked — Front desk service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

I have been to many Super 8 motels in the past from New Mexico, Louisiana, Texas and generally happy for the cheap bare bone stay while I was on the road. However, this Super 8 is the worst I have encountered yet.

First, you can't get a good night sleep, all the direction of the hotel is facing traffic noise of some sort. The back wings get the constant traffic noise from I-5, the front wing get noise traffic from Telegraph Road. The hotel is in industrial warehouse area and it next to I-5. so, there is quite a bit of truck traffics.

The room are old. The hotel sign is fated away from many years of exposed to sun beams. There is a cigarette holes on our blanket. Carpets has that dirt color from so many years of used.

For around $70 per night of current rate. You can do better else where. For those who is reading this while to late, stay in a room facing Telegraph road is best you can do. At least, there is not much traffic at 3 in the morning, unlike I-5 which is 24/7.

• Liked — Easy to book
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Commerce hotels

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

My wife and I have been here a few times. The price is good, fairly cheap and if there is nothing else, there are usually rooms available here. Some of the females at the front desk have been somewhat rude, but thats dueable. On cleanliness, most of the rooms are okay, some have had ants. This last time did it. I was bitten by bed bugs! Visible bed bugs, one after the other! I always wondered if they washed their sheets and this confirms it. I would always see the maids throw the top comforters on the floor while they cleaned, but never remove them or leave with them.It was 2:30am, we couldn't sleep because of course...more bugs come out as you fall asleep! We had no choice but to leave and find another hotel. Luckily we find one over the phone before we left this hole. We let the guy at the window know before checking out and he just jotted it down and did not offer a thing! So if you are okay with dirty sheets that aren't changed and bed bugs...then you decide, but me never again! You won't hear me recommend this place.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Bed bugs! very unclean! Had to leave in the middle of the night,got no sleep an payed $77.28 for a horrible stay!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kdominguez29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Travelodge Inn & Suites Bell Los Angeles Area
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Pico Rivera
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino

Been to Travelodge Commerce Los Angeles Area? Share your experiences!