“The worst experience ever!”

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I had planned to spend our 10 year anniversary at this hotel as we had received spa certificates as a gift. A resrvation was made, confirmed by email, and my debit card was charged only to be told upon check in that they could not accomodate us and that the hotel was sold out! Are you kidding me? I aksed to speak to the manager Rodney Nevels. He was unhelpful, unapologetic, unprofessional and acted as though he was being inconvenced in some way. He could not provide a explanation on how something like this could have happen. He did not understand our situation as we traveled a considerable distance to get to this hotel. I will forever remeber this horrible experience as we were looking forward to relaxing on our anniversary. Needless to say we cancelled our spa and dinner reservations and returned home despite the fact we had wasted valuable time, gas, energy and efforts as we live in Fontana.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffany J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Tiffany J,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed for 2 days this past weekend, wanting only to use the hotel portion since I got a good rate. I had no interest in gambling. Lets start with the Pro's -
1) Friendly staff. Security and a Room Attd knocked on my door at 2 AM by mistake (room 505) however they apologized plenty so I wasnt too mad.
2) Room was outdated but bed was comfortable and good shower. Nice TV.

Now the Cons-
1) Parking is a nightmare. If you do not want to valet be ready to walk a quarter mile across the lot around tightly parked cars with your luggage dodging other moving cars trying to look for parking in the darkness. Why dont they have a separate closer lot for "Hotel Guests" who dont wish to valet each day?
2) They bolted the Iron to the Ironing board, that too so close to the wide side of the board so I could not iron my clothes properly on the narrow end. Plus that makes me feel its not a safe environment if they are afraid of losing their Irons.
3) Glad to see the Starbucks in the room but unfortunately the sugar/cream packets do not include a stirrer. How am I supposed to stir the coffee with out it?

Overall, its fine for gambling but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DeeNyC85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear DeeNyC85,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the hotel layout prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is actually very nice. There are so many good points to these hotel.
1. It is very reasonable for evening
2. Rooms are big too with fridge, microwave and large bathroom
3. Restaurants inside and casino
4. Valet parking for guests is $2 dollars. For not being Vegas, this is laughable. I paid them more than that each time because I thought it was too low a charge. Those who said the self parking is great are being too cheap as self parking is in the back and a 3 minute walk! Give these guys your car.
5. Free wifi and good wifi too.

This was a short stay to transition between leaving and being in LA. It's just outside with a little freeway drive. Getting out of the hotel is great as it's all right turns which means I don't have to stop at lights.
The presentation of the lobby is pretty too with Egyptian pillar design and the front desk staff are very helpful indeed. Giovanni was a pleasure to deal with so thanks a lot to him.
The rooms are on 9 floors. I stayed on the fifth. The rooms even for not being a suite for the price paid had a couple sofa chairs in there, desk, stand up lamps etc. I like that Americans include coffee machines inside the room too. Options options.
This hotel feels like it belongs in Vegas more so than LA. It is what you would expect and more from a main Stream hotel. Here are what I think are the only bad parts.

1. No slot machines in casino
2. The business "center" has one PC. Have two ate least!

But with these two things in mind I didn't really care. I had an ipad with wifi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed for a week while going to the Rose Bowl. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and had above average bedding. The bathroom was also very clean with above average towels. The parking was free or you could use valet parking for $5.00 per day. My only complaint was there was not enough restaurant choices. Except for one Chinese restaurant there was only a small grill that had limited choices for breakfast and dinner. The hotel is located about a five minute drive from the metro where there is amble free parking and you can go almost anywhere you like on the metro instead of fighting the traffic. I found the staff to be extremely helpful with anything we might need. One time we got lost and we called the front desk and they gave us directions back to the hotel. This is a casino however there are no slot machines.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Interesting to be at a hotel with casino. Wife was excited about the casino until she heard that they had no slot machines. Got an upgrade in my room. Below are my experiences:
Parking - great, had free self parking
Room - nice 2 full size beds, very comfortable beds/pillows, clean room, stayed at the 9th floor which came with free continental breakfast and free access to evening lounge area, large tv, central air, clean room, jacuzzi in bathroom, 2 rolling chairs, microwave...
Wifi - free
Pool - non heated outdoor pool and very small and shallow
Restaurant - wood dragon had good prices, service and food.
Shopping - outlet mall is nearby(didn't get opportunity to check out mall)
Fitness center - small but clean

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clown2
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed one night as a family when traveling through LA and was ok but wouldn't recommend a longer stay unless you are staying to play the tables. Room was ok and very clean and we used valet parking as it was closer then self parking. Couldn't visit the sports bar as it was in the casino and we had a child. One restaurant or room service available to us so we opted for dining elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear BrianE1969,

Thank you for leaving us comments about your recent stay. It is nice to know that you found our rooms to be clean and adequate. We truly hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area you choose us again for your travel needs!

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this property numerous times over the past year, and it was as it usually is, absolutely awesome in every way but one. Unfortunately, the one area is most important to me, and until the hotel can correct this serious deficiency, sadly, it will prevent me from returning. The internet service was the slowest, and worst overall that I have seen in quite some time, No matter what I tried to do,,,,,download, upload, just simply e-mail, was a very annoying exercise in futility, which makes no sense to me. If something is to be offered, it should be of the exemplary, high-end service of every other product offered here! The staff was courteous, efficient, and went far and above to help with any issue!

Room Tip: Without a doubt, the higher floor the room is on, the quieter. If you want a spectacular view of do...