“A good hotel option”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Salt Lake City
“A good hotel option”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was traveling to Commerce on business and this hotel was near my office. The room was nice and well kept. The staff was very friendly. Valet parking was the only option but was only $5 per night for hotel guests. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank dizneguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I wanted to pay a night in this hotel when the page went down, i supposed that i didnt got charged since i didnt receive any confirmation from the booking to my mail one day i went to check my bank account and the night was charged i called for a refund the manager was not in the hotel i waited no return call, it passed 1 week i called again they told me the responsable was in a conference and if i could call the next day. the next day i called they told that they would give any refund nothing, they can keep my money but i will never think to go in a crown plaza even with international hotels all over the world they couldnt give my refund or give a night since i payed for that and there was a problem with them not me... for client support they dont deserve a star

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deia3

Travelers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is close to the airport and it was for only one night so it was an obvious choice. I was worried about it being a casino, but that worked out fine. Comfortable room, good service and the waitress in the coffee shop was very nice and got me a drink from the Starbucks to go with breakfast, which was above and beyond.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank touchofeurope
Reviewed September 6, 2012

because there all rude but i think they just been working there too long. The bell man don't say hi except the young ones at the valet run to get a car.
You walk by the front desk and bell man and the front desk dont say hi half the time....you can tell the ones that have been working there for a long feel like they dont need a to say hi. You can tell the difference between a trainee and old Employee.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank mrskerns
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear mrskerns,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you like dour location and found our hotel comfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies over the unfriendliness of some of our staff members. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate department. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My colleague and I stayed here while travelling on business because it was close to our meetings the following morning, within our corporate budget and lastly, because the DoubleTree was sold out.

This is not a pretty part of town. If you are on foot (e.g., didn't rent a car), you are severely limiting your dining and entertainment options outside the casino walls. Nonetheless, the food selection, quality and price was pretty good considering - my carne asada platter and tall Modelo were pretty tasty after a 14 hr flight.

The hotel staff is courteous and helpful. The beds were pretty good and the bathrooms were more than adequate. For a casino hotel outside of Vegas in an ugly part of town, a solid showing.

In the unlikely event that I find myself travelling on business to Commerce, CA again, I will call the DoubleTree first, for the points, but I wont be heartbroken to stay at the Crowns Plaza again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank midnyterambla
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very nice clean hotel. The rooms has a good size and the bathroom are clean! This is a casino, so there are games all over (not slots). This makes it a bit noisy, but at the same time gives it life to the hotel. The restaurants and bars there are very good. The employees are nice and wants to help you!
Location wise, is it not he best location in LA, but for the price is it worth staying there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OptiCan
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband, son, and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We chose it because of its central location and good reviews. It also puts points into my Holiday Inn rewards membership.

The room was clean and in good order but their 2-bed rooms are all double beds. With the two guys at 6'3", I'd asked for a roll away so we wouldn't have to squeeze into doubles. They didn't have one available the first night, so squeeze we did. The wonderful desk staff did upgrade us to a concierge level room. I would recommend asking for that level of service, which was a wonderful way to make up for our disappointment--free breakfast and evening snacks/beer/wine/pop. My compliments to all of the regular hotel staff (see below for a restaurant exception)--they were really wonderful!

Public areas are bizarre because they are decorated to the casino's theme, which is a riff on ancient Babylon or something. They are also smelly because so many people are smokers--they smoke right outside the doors and on the pool deck, then bring the smell back in on their clothes. We tried to get a meal at the restaurant, but sat for 10 minutes without even water, so we left (the only bad service we saw).

It would be a fine place to stay if you like to play poker, but we won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Get a concierge room for the breakfast and happy hour.