River Valley Lodge
Hampton.com
$103
$95
BestWestern.com
All reviewscolusa casinoslot machineshotel lobbywould highly recommend this hotelnice hotelloungecaliforniafireplaceamenitiescleanlinesswedding
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Slowly turn around...start briskly walking toward the front door... and, RUN to your car - then, just drive to Reno - PERIOD. The casino slots appear to be set on "0" chance of winning - and, unless you're up on your martial arts, stay clear of the other patrons, especially on "Cage Fight Night" (which, by the way, seems like EVERY night). There is SO much smoke in this place, you'll be lucky if you don't catch some rare form of 1800's lung disease. And, finally, if you're brave enough to go to the buffet, please, oh please remember to bring plenty of Tums.

Visited October 2011

Room Tip: Try Reno or Lake Tahoe...Period!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Bucky B
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stay here every year and have never been dissapointed. Great Suites and even the normal rooms are good. Very clean and great service. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank horseloverm
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We decided to getaway for my wifes birthday for one night. Proximity to Stockton are was a plus, had allready tried and liked Jackson Rancheria wanted to try this place. Upon entering the hotel/casino entrance the smell of smoke was so strong that my wife who has asma had to wait outside until the checkin was complete after a 10 minute wait just to start check in even though only one person was ahead of me. While waiting for the elevator to go to our suite we asked an employee in front of the General Manager's office if there was a non smoking area in the casino, he said it was by the buffet. We checked into our room which was very nice and clean. There was a touch of smoke smell in the bathroom, but it was a nice room. We rested then decided to go play slots and blackjack in the smoke free area. We were directed by an employee to the smoke free area........it was literally a 30 foot long hallway leading to the buffet that had 15-20 1 cent slot machines and nothing else. What made it smoke free was i guess the sign at the start of the hallway that said "no smoking past this point", so it still smelled smokey, allthough no one was smoking in the hallway. We decided that since we were standing at the entrance of the buffet we would eat. The buffet made Denny's look like a five star establishment. The food was horrid, the selection was small, we ate anyways not only becuase we allready paid, but also because the steakhouse is only open five days a week. Now finally i don t want to sound like a snob, but the clientel of the casino appeared to be not unlike the people that would either only buy standing room tickets at a monster truck show or have two adresses, one at San Quentin and the other at a boarding house. Surfice to say that we will never go back to Colusa Casino Resort, the staff were nice and helpfull god bless them for having to go there everyday......

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank lingus3
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Me and my wife stopped by the casino to gamble a little, like we do from time to time.Well i was playing a machine a very rude customer demanded the machine said it was his machine because his card was in it.There where no credits in it when i sat down and if you have been in a casino before people leave them cards in the machines all the time so i didnt think any thing of it.Well to end conflict i cashed out of the machine and got my ticket and walked off.About twenty minutes later i asked the staff if it was rite what the man did.They told me no and went to speak with him,so i was pleased with that hoping that type of behavior wouldnt happen to anyone else.About twenty minutes go by and me and my wife where playing different machines.
This is when it all happened! She was playing a machine about two seats down from the guy that took my machine.Well he started yelling and cursing at me got in my face and wanted a confrontation with me.He angerd me so yelled back at him.There was no security in site and the heated argument lasted a good five mins So me and my wife went and tryed to make the best out of it and tryed to stay at the casino and gamble a lil longer but our nerves where shot.We wanted to stay the night at the hotel but decided to drive home.And we will never step foot in this place again it was a very bad exsperiance for us.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Civalized530
Reviewed February 10, 2009

On our way to Yreka, saw casino signage and it was lunch time so we went for the buffet. $9.95 for weekday lunch. I agree with the previous reviewer - food was pretty bad with limited selection. Workers were slow so we had to wait for 20 mins in line, though there were only about 20 ppl in line!

Casino was very small and smoky. Regreted taking the detour for this.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple