“Girlfriend called Kate's a sweet little place.”

Columbia Kate's Teahouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in an 1880's period barn in historic Columbia, CA, our focus is in providing both an education in the Art of Afternoon Tea and enhancing a visitor's experience of Columbia while offering a pleasant atmosphere and a modicum of culture to a gold mining town. Beautiful Columbia, with Main Street looking north from the Wells Fargo Building. Columbia Kate's is just up the street and right on State Street, one block over to Columbia Street.
orange county
“Girlfriend called Kate's a sweet little place.”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had just arrived in Columbia starved, after a long drive from Orange County. I asked a park ranger to suggest a good place to eat and she recommended Kate's. Kate's is small, and quaint. The menu consisted mainly of sandwiches and salads and there was a chicken pie that I wanted to try if it hadn't been over a hundred degrees outside that day. We each had a glass of their berry ice tea, the best ice tea I ever had. Their tea menu alone was about three pages long. We both ordered chicken salad sandwiches, filled with chicken, cranberries and green apple chunks on awesome bakery bread. It really hit the spot and I actually felt as though I'd eaten healthy for a change. That had to change, so we finished it off with a slice of lemon cheesecake. The young ladies who work there were all so sweet and helpful. We really enjoyed our visit.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ragsdad

Angels Camp, California
“Perfect ladies lunch”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I love this little tea house. Where else can you get fresh brewed teas, and pages of them, in the Mother Lode? All sandwiches come on fresh bread which is delicious. They basically serve sandwiches and salads with homemade desserts. If you need to feed a growing teenage boy, this probably would not fill him up, but if you are a light lunch eater then this is perfect. They have a bakery across the street that is the best in the foothills. I've lived up here for 14 years and have been missing out on this cute tea house until a friend told me about it this summer. I've already been there three times! My son loves the treats I bring home from the bakery. I will continue to be a patron. It is not for a quick lunch because it takes awhile to get your food but the waitresses have all been super friendly and always check to see if you need more tea!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bullfrogmom
Torquay, United Kingdom
“An old English Tea House.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have eaten here on serveral occasions with my American family. It is a great favourite of all of us, they have an amazing selection of teas and a really nice selection of sandwiches. Their vegetable sandwiches are a particular favourite of ours, the bread is home made and really good.

1 Thank Gosling41
“A tea drinker's paradise”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is an absolute must for tea drinkers. The quality, flavors, and wide variety of teas is amazing. The atmosphere and service were outstanding. You could get lost in the menu of teas and treats. I'll go back again and again and again!!

1 Thank Izzy3000
Apricot Capital
“A trip to Kate's is worth the time”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and myself enjoyed a lovely lunch at Columbia Kate's Teahouse last Saturday afternoon. My sister-in-law and I had the sandwich trio and while I had a side of fruit she had the salad. My mother-in law had the chicken sandwich. We shared a dessert trio and enjoyed it greatly. It was a lovely setting on a warm day with dining indoors and outdoors.
There were plenty of families ranging in age from infant to grandparents enjoying good food in a nice setting. The bakery and the boutique are across the street are convenient to diners for after lunch shopping.
I purchased desserts to take home. My husband and I enjoyed the French macaroons and the lemon squares after our weekend dinners. Yum.
In the past we have always had our lunch at the Jack Douglass Salon, a fun place to eat also.
We had a nice time at Columbia Kate's and would recommend it.

1 Thank acereporter