“Precious Place!”

Columbia Kate's Teahouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in an 1880's period barn in historic Columbia, CA, our focus is in providing both an education in the Art of Afternoon Tea and enhancing a visitor's experience of Columbia while offering a pleasant atmosphere and a modicum of culture to a gold mining town. Beautiful Columbia, with Main Street looking north from the Wells Fargo Building. Columbia Kate's is just up the street and right on State Street, one block over to Columbia Street.
Goldrush County, California
“Precious Place!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Plan this as a stop when you visit Columbia. This is a perfect place to unwind with a great selection of teas! The finger sandwiches are wonderful as is the quiche and pot pies! Bring your daughters/sisters/mother....fabulous place to meet. The gift shop is adorable as well. If we didn't have a bed and breakfast and serve a gourmet breakfast, I would send our guests here for breakfast :) The owner is kind and helpful as well...thank you for all the wonderful teas we have had there!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank knowleshill

Columbia, California
“Great Atmosphere & Cuisine”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been a regular visitor to Columbia, CA since 1999. Kate's Tea House is exceptional and well worth your time. The staff is great, cuisine well paired with exquisite selection of world teas. If you enjoy old world charm and history, Kate's Tea House is your place.

Swiss Traveler

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank SwissGuy41
Sacramento, California
“Great food, unique restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I decided to try Columbia Kate's after reading about here in TripAdvisor, and I'm very glad I did. I don't think I even would have seen it if I hadn't been looking for it, it's off the main street but only by a block. The ambience is unique and delightful. We were seated right away and the service was very attentive. The food was delicious! I had the chicken pot pie which I highly recommend. My son had the PB&J sandwich which was also delicious, I think they make their own bread. The tea was the highlight. I had the wedding tea (iced) and it was very refreshing with a lot of complex flavors. I was too full for dessert but it looked like they had a nice selection. They also have really neat tea sets, jewelry, clothing and more for sale.

This is a very unique place that I will surely visit again next time I'm in the area. Might even head to the area just for the pot pie!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank scrapchick256
savannah, GA
“Tiny Gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After a terrific time panning for gold, taking a stagecoach ride, and walking through the historic town main street, we ate lunch at Kate's Teahouse. The menu was diverse, the beverages and teas exotic and delicious. The food was fresh and high quality, but the desserts, wow. The trio of desserts presented us with small samplers of 3 choices: blueberry macaroons with fresh whipped cream, lemon bar (tart and quite mouth-watering), and cheesecake. The tea was served in a pot with a cozy over it, and the watermelon lemonade made a nice accompaniment. This is a gem. Restroom is outside, down the hill a bit, and the tiny cottage is inviting. Service was very prompt and attentive.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank dgreenberg2
Sonora, CA
“Birthdays at Kate's”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Whenever celebrating a birthday with a group of friends we all want to go to Columbia Kate's Teahouse. I love this authentically quaint restaurant right outside the historic gold rush era state park of Columbia.
The setting is what I would call rustic shabby chic, definitely not your cookie cutter chain restaurant.
Everything is made on premises from scratch and some of the luscious deserts are award winners. The tea selection is large and when you find a favorite you can purchase it to take home with you. Entrees include pot pie, quiche, sandwiches, soups, salads, and some specials like their cookoff winning chile. Everything is freshly made and delicious, including the house made bread used for the sandwiches. In the spring my favorite spot to have lunch is in the garden, especially when the irises are in bloom.The service has always been excellent, even when they are busy. In fact my birthday is coming up so I need to gather the girls and make a reservation!

• Visited June 2012