“Good as Gold”

El Jardin
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stopped at El Jardin for lunch, and we were very happy. We enjoyed a picnic table in the cozy patio out front. It's nice to sit outside on a sunny day, although unfortunately there's a bit of road noise. The service and the food were great. I had an Enchilada, and my wife has a lemon chicken salad. Both had great flavor, and tasted very fresh.

1  Thank Marc_Majka

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I find the food to be consistent in quality, the service is good and the prices are reasonable. My favorite here is the Tostada supreme, the chile Verde' is excellent and they put together an aw-sum burrito. I recommend and will return often.

1  Thank Chuck F
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Actually El Jardin has three local restaurants - one in Sonora, one in Columbia and the newest one in Murphys which is my favorite. El Jardin is a mexican food restaurant. While the Tacos, etc. are good, what sets El Jardin apart is the service in all three locations. All of the wait staff I have had the pleasure to meet are friendly and very good at what they do. It makes good Mexican food even better. As for the food, what I like is their chips. You get a combo of corn and wheat chips. The wheat chips are flaky and very tasty. Gotta try those. Probably the best bargain is getting Tortilla soup to go. You get almost a quart along with a bag of chips for less than $10 which can easily fill up two people. Try all three locations.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I called in a Togo order I live 2 minutes away chili releno I could only take a couple of bites the oil or the egg dip tasted very bitter or rancid oil had to throw it away and was not in the mood to call and complain.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The husband, baby, and I recently stayed overnight in old town Columbia. Fun place to stay, but everything closes up by 6 or so. We were about to head to the car and drive to Sonora for dinner, when we spotted El Jardin. It's right on the main road and just across the street from old town. We sat outside. I loved the atmosphere. The food was good and the prices were decent. We go there just after happy hour, but the waitress honored the deals still. I had the house red wine and wow, do they have a generous pour! We would definitely go back to El Jardin without hesitation. In fact, it was one of the highlights of the trip. The only downfall is there is quite a bit of road noise, but that's to be expected given the location.

Been to El Jardin? Share your experiences!