All reviews jack in the box pancake machine front desk booked rooms train noise both mornings nice bed night stay working order microwave and fridge comfortable room free breakfast fitness room the hotel staff the ground floor pool area an upgrade
Reviewed December 6, 2015

As a business traveller, I frequently stay at Holiday Inns. Most are clean, inviting, cheerful, and more than adequate for budget travel. This one is decidedly not up to the usual Holiday Inn standards. In fairness, there is a sign in the lobby stating that the hotel will be undergoing renovations. This cannot come too soon as much of the building and rooms range anywhere from being in an obvious state of disrepair, to needing serious upgrading. The state of the elevator is embarrassing. The room is very dated, with peeling wallpaper and obvious stains all over the carpet. Yech. Also, i quickly realized that I had to physically push the door shut coming and going--be aware that it does NOT close and lock automatically as most hotel doors do. This was a little disconcerting, especially as a solo female traveller.

Not the best of locations either, depending on your perspective, as it is situated right off the freeway and also close to a railway track.

In my two night stay, I did not feel safe returning to the hotel (at 8 pm). The parking lot is rather dark and on both nights, there were people in the lobby shouting and swearing, with no management in sight to do anything about it. It was certainly not pleasant or comfortable.

Breakfasts are included. Just okay, and about what you would expect in a budget hotel. Most of the 'meats' (sausage patties and so forth) looked rather grey and unappetizing.

Wifi is free and was reliable during my stay and the young man at the front desk was most pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank ClaireCalgary
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colton, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2015

Dear ClaireCalgary,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to cleanliness and overall look of our property. I also regret to know that you perceived the noise level in the property too high. Our guest's safety, security and comfort remain a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise. I appreciate your comments on the aspects of the hotel that needs updating and rest assured, this will be shared with management to determine the areas that will benefit from additional attention.

Once more, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed November 23, 2015

I stayed one night here on a business trip. Renovations are ongoing and needed. My room was clean, and beds were comfortable. But the carpets, walls and furniture were tattered. The air conditioning unit was noisy and didn't operate well. Free breakfast in the morning was adequate. Staff was helpful. Certainly not up to my previous experience with Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovations are finished. Hopefully it will be much nicer.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colton, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2015

Dear KenSL,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness, staff and the beds.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet condition, air conditioning. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed October 20, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night, and booked 2 rooms. Both rooms were immaculate and fresh. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the towels were new. I loved the Bath and Body Works soaps. The breakfast was varied. I had a good bagel with cream cheese, the kids had pancakes that were okay, hubby and baby had eggs that were okay, sons had sausage that they said was spicy. Like others have said, the carpets are a little worn, but were clean and soft. The rooms are spacious. The AC worked perfectly. Parking was plenteous. Front desk lady was kind and competent. Quiet rooms and pleasant stay.

Everything was fine for us and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we are in the area.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2015

I am a frequent traveler and a fan of Holiday Inn Express, however this one is one of the worst Holiday Inns that I have ever stayed at. What was wrong:

1. Worn, dirty, and musty smelling carpets in the hallways and in my room.
2. Elevator OUT OF ORDER in a multi-floor hotel.
3. No business center...NO computer...NO printer.
4. Front desk agents who do not keep their promises nor follow through.
5. An UNcaring, UNprofessional, and DISinterested hotel manager.

Without going through all the details of my horrible experience at this poorly run hotel, I NEVER would have stayed at this place had I know the condition of the hotel and the items that I outlined above.
I tried to resolve the situation with the hotel manager. NO results. Even tried to call the management/ownership group of the hotel. I asked to talk to the supervisor that oversees this hotel, NO return call....BAD business....UNprofessional...POOR customer service.
I finally called IHG and they HAPPILY resolved this bad situation.
All-in-all this is the WORST Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed and is not reflective of the brand at all.

Room Tip: NO positive guest room recommendations.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colton, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2015

Dear Daniel H,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. I apologize for your disappointments regarding the condition of the room that you received and the business center. I am also sorry the elevators did not work during your stay and for the service letdown from our hotel staff. I would like to look into this further, thus we sent you a private message to help us get additional information regarding this event.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case manager

Reviewed September 20, 2015

This is a decent hotel for the price. However to carry the Holiday Inn Express branding, I would suggest they do some updating. The plumbing needed repair in the 2 rooms that I stayed in (nothing major); toilet continued to run after flushing; tub dripping when turned off.

Overall, it was tolerable, just needs a little TLC. The staff was very friendly and the housekeepers were efficient.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colton, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2015

Dear Nate J,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing us a valuable feedback. We are pleased to read that you have regarded our staff to be very friendly and the housekeepers efficient. On the other hand, we regret that you found our facilities need some updating. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. I have forwarded your concerns to the hotel management and will be a basis for future upgrade.

We hope you will consider us again and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.