“Rude Person At Front Desk”

Comfort Inn & Suites Colton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Colton
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Rude Person At Front Desk”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The motel is of the old style with multiple buildings and long hallways. The room had a smell to it.
That was a turn off. But what makes this motel unacceptable is the guy at the front desk. HIs name is "Andy" and I will never forget his rude and disrespectful manner.
We stayed here for four nights and on the first morning I went down to the breakfast area to get some oatmeal and orange juice for my wife. I always take breakfast back to the room for my wife, so she can enjoy her breakfast and watch the morning news. I have done this for over twenty years of traveling on business. No one had complained about it until this morning.
As I was going out of the breakfast area, I heard someone yelling "Hey! Hey! you can't take any food out of the breakfast area! " It was the man behind the front desk. I then asked him if I could take this to my wife and I will be back to eat in the breakfast area. He responded by continued yelling "No! No! no food out of the breakfast area!"
I have never been addressed like that on all of the years of travelling and that includes travel over seas. It was the rudest thing I have ever experienced. So I took the oatmeal and orange juice back in the room and put it down. And I never came back to the front until I checked out.
On the morning of check out, He (Andy) asked me "How was your stay?"
I told him that it was ok until he started yelling at me. He then started to argue with me about it!!!
I could not believe it was happening! It was just awful!!
I got my receipt and was out of there!!
I then drove to a Hampton inn in Highland Ca. and the service was excellent!!! And the price was just four dollars a night more than this dump.
Since this experience, I will never stay at a Choice Hotel again!
FYI
I have found that the Best Western Brand is a good replacement for the Choice Hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jack H
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Sir

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.But our hotels staff was just following the rules. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Andy Patel
Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Although the staff was very pleasant, and my breakfast was pretty good with scrambles eggs and slices of ham, I would not return.

The interior of my room seems mostly clean although I was visited by ants. They probably came because the interior and exterior trash cans were overflowing with trash and condom wrappers. The hallways had a bad smell, probably from the trash.

The inside of the elevator was adorned with fingerprints and splatters of ????? all over the frame and walls.

As I walked outside to my car in the morning, I had trouble seeing across the street through the thick layer of smog, not fog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Terri S
Andy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Filth,Ants and trash on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Colton.

Kind Regards,

Andy Patel
Comfort Inn & Suites
909.825.9100
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room! From windows to the TV screen, spotless! I liked the secure doors & exits! The parking area was very clean and very well lit. The bed was amazingly comfortable with pillows galore that were for every kind of 'sleeeeep!' AC was fresh and cold. Floor & carpet so clean, going shoeless was actually nice. Towels were not worn out and thin either! Frig kept things very cold and microwave was great. Coffee pot lost out on being in such tip top shape. No one knows how to clean them, unless they are a real coffee drinker! The TV and programming was excellent! Lighting was great too. I seriously think that large arrows or plaques with color coding of some type would help guests find their way through the labrynth of hallways. It was very confusing each time they were traversed. With things in your hands or carrying them in your arms, this was an added burden. Sound didn't travel and this was a first floor room. Doors didn't slam shut so noise was NOT an issue here at all, even with industry so near the location. The tall sign can be seen from the freeway and it helps a lot if you are new to the area! Apartments across the street were clean and quiet. Traffic was never an issue either. Can't ask for more at their rates! Never thought to take a photo, the room looked just like the ones I saw on the website. Front desk & Service staff were professionals. The breakfast was fresh, tasty, plentiful and quite a variety, for family and adult. Coffee 24/7 made the room's maker less of an inconvenience. This rivaled Best Westerns! This was so much better! Decor was superb. Laundry room was clean as well. It is well worth every penny to stay here! I hope to do so again and again in the future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are glad to learn you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. All of us here at Comfort Inn & Suites appreciates you taking the time out from your busy schedule to write us a review, I am sure you will be glad to learn that we are considering your suggestion .Please let us know if you have any more suggestions or comments since that is only way we can improve our product and service. I hope you choose Comfort Inn & Suites, Colton again for your accommodation needs when you are in the area again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great rates but terrible service. The employee's at the front desk were very rude to me in not one but several occasions when simply housekeeping request were made. Even though the rooms were nice it still didn't make up for the lack of customer service. We requested sheets the first night for the pull out bed, we didn't get them until 11:30 pm, and that was only after being rudely told they didn't have any (which wasn't true). Denied pool towels because they didn't have any, and the list goes on and on...the front desk staff did not make our stay pleasant at all.

Room Tip: Pull out beds do not have sheets. They are only given to you upon request, and that is only if they...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler7405
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I would like to apologize for your inconvenience. The evening of your visit was not a common occurrence. Our hotel is normally very quiet, and our staff very attentive. Again if you come back to Colton, we will be more than happy to give you a complimentary upgrade, and I guarantee you will have a great stay. If you have any questions, please contact me at (909) 825-9100. Thank You Andy Patel , Property Manager.
Davidson, NC
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms very clean, comfortable beds - the staff was very friendly and helpful (after leaving my phone charger at home, they arranged to let me borrow a cord). Breakfast was a notch better than other most other hotel continental breakfasts. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your great experience with other potential guests. Our staff appreciates when they are recognized for their outstanding work. We hope to see you again
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was very comforable, the staff was very helpfil especialy Terrie who answer any and all my questions. The hotel is clean and serves a great breakfast. It has been a pleasure staying here. The pool and pool area was very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Yreka
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and rented 3 rooms during a family vacation to southern CA to attend our daughter's graduation from Medical School at Loma Linda University. This hotel was chosen because it was conveniently located by the interstates for travel to Disneyland, etc., but was also close to the graduation festivities. We were taveling with young children and teens and they loved the pool and fitness facility. The premises were kept extremely clean, both inside and out and the staff was extremely friendly, The complimentary breakfast was very good. The beds were about the most comfortable beds all of us have ever slept in. The reson for the very good rating was due to the surrounding neighborhood, which was a bit sketch. However, we felt extremely safe inside the cardlocked entries.

Room Tip: All rooms were very good, but we particularly liked the King rooms with a sofa and refrigerator. We...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review and your Time. It means a lot to us to see our guest come back to stay again. Our staff works very hard to provide every guest the best possible stay and we are happy you are pleased with all your stays. Thank you again and see you Soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colton
Best Western Plus Arrowhead Hotel
#4 of 32 in San Bernardino
Quality Inn San Bernardino
Quality Inn San Bernardino
#14 of 32 in San Bernardino

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Colton? Share your experiences!