“Gene Deluccia”

Comfort Inn & Suites Colton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Colton
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was very comforable, the staff was very helpfil especialy Terrie who answer any and all my questions. The hotel is clean and serves a great breakfast. It has been a pleasure staying here. The pool and pool area was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We are glad to learn you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. All of us here at Comfort Inn & Suites appreciates you taking the time out from your busy schedule to write us a review, I am sure you will be glad to learn that we are considering your suggestion .Please let us know if you have any more suggestions or comments since that is only way we can improve our product and service. I hope you choose Comfort Inn & Suites, Colton again for your accommodation needs when you are in the area again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and rented 3 rooms during a family vacation to southern CA to attend our daughter's graduation from Medical School at Loma Linda University. This hotel was chosen because it was conveniently located by the interstates for travel to Disneyland, etc., but was also close to the graduation festivities. We were taveling with young children and teens and they loved the pool and fitness facility. The premises were kept extremely clean, both inside and out and the staff was extremely friendly, The complimentary breakfast was very good. The beds were about the most comfortable beds all of us have ever slept in. The reson for the very good rating was due to the surrounding neighborhood, which was a bit sketch. However, we felt extremely safe inside the cardlocked entries.

Room Tip: All rooms were very good, but we particularly liked the King rooms with a sofa and refrigerator. We...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your review and your Time. It means a lot to us to see our guest come back to stay again. Our staff works very hard to provide every guest the best possible stay and we are happy you are pleased with all your stays. Thank you again and see you Soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

the hotel maybe around other bad hotel the inside of this hotel is bueatiful and have great working staff..greeted by the front desk by a nice young lady namee Laterne. she acomedates all admenaties and makes sure your stay is the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that the service met your expectations. If there is anything we can do to ensure that your next visit is as pleasant as your last, please let us know. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way back from Tucson. Price was right for a bed to sleep in on the road, but honestly for a few dollars more I would stay at another property. Staff at front desk was friendly and helpful. It was the room that was disappointing. Just didn't feel comfortable, as in wear and tear cleanliness. In the morning I discovered a shower curtain with what appeared to be speckles of blood spattered on it. Due to location you'll want to not leave anything in car. No elevator. Never tried the breakfast after the shower incident.

Room Tip: If you do choose this property look carefully at room offered before staying here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shadowtripper
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was cautious about booking this hotel because of it's location. This area is not a nice part of Colton. However, the positive reviews convinced me to book and I'm glad I did. The hotel is relatively new with a nice pool and spa. From the pool area looking east on a clear day you can see Mt San Jacinto and Mt San Gorgonio.

I encountered several incidents that detracted from the over all value of the hotel.

We arrived just before noon. The clerk asked me if I was aware of the 3 PM checkin policy. I'm in a hotel sometimes as many as 30 nights in a year. Yes, most have a 3 PM checkin policy, but I've never encountered a hotel that wouldn't let me check in early if there was room available. The bureaucratic clerk at this Comfort Suites told me that he didn't know if any rooms were available and if there were he'd charge me a $15 fee for early check in if a room was available. Mind you that there were only 6 cars in the parking lot. This made me very angry but the bureaucrat refused to budge. He said it was a management policy and he could do nothing. Comfort Suites risked losing a customer over a $15 fee. Had I not already paid in advance, my wife and I would have left. There were no shortage of vacancies in the area. But we'd paid. We left. Went to a movie and came back in the evening.

When I went into the lobby there was a guy there trying to open a can of chili. I guess that was to be his dinner for the night. He was using a can opener that the hotel clerk loaned him. The can opener, which turned out not to work, was secured by a cable to the front desk so that the can opener couldn't be stolen. This scene raised a concern for me about the kind of people that stayed at this hotel. Another man asked the clerk if she had a knife. She found one. He used it to open the chili for the other man.

I knew that we would be coming back very late that night and this scene worried me about our safety when we came back. However, there were no further incidents. We had a lovely evening and returned to a quiet hotel with no strange people milling around.

We had a great nights sleep. I woke up a little before 9 AM. Dressed and rushed down to get breakfast before it closed at 9 AM. I got to the breakfast door about 9:01 AM. The clerk at the desk told me the breakfast room was closed and that I couldn't even go in to grab a cup of coffee.

I checked out the spa and found that it was only luke warm. To cool to use. Since we were leaving soon I saw no point in raising this issue with hotel staff.

In conclusion, a very nice comfortable hotel at a low price in a bad location with a couple of bureaucrats at the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't expect to check in before 3 PM. Get to the breakfast room before 9 AM. Check out the spa t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BeachWizard4U
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest

What a very kind review, Thank you so very much for making us your choice of hotel in the area. We look forward to your next visit.

Anand Patel

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Tricky to find, the road was not on our Sat-nav but once there it was an exceedingly favourable experience, Large comfortable, clean room with all the usual facilities expected in an american hotel, excellent breakfast

Only downside it is on an industrial estate, not that it is obvious at the hotel. It appeared to be a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your great experience with other potential guests. Our staff appreciates when they are recognized for their outstanding work. We hope to see you again

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved this hotel. The room was very clean and it met our expectations. Breakfast was very good and lots of food available. Price was terrific and I think it is a hidden gem. It was close to a grocery store so we bought microwave dinners and used the in room microwave.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool were quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CDL2011

We truly appreciate the business you have given us, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Colton. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colton
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#4 of 33 in San Bernardino
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Colton? Share your experiences!