“A Basic Steak and Potatoes Restaurant”

Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Colton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This restaurant has been around for many years and is part of a small family owned chain. While not as good as they used to be, they still manage to turn out a good "Cowboy" sized steak complete with salad, beans, and bread. The atmosphere is ranch style. You won't leave hungry. Worth a try if you are looking for something different.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is a lot of fun to visit. If you wear a necktie, they snip it right off. No hoity toity pretence here, just a good steak dinner with true ranch beans and a great experience. I loved this place as a kid, and I still love it!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just love this cute restaurant that my vegetarian husband takes me to (he must really love me) The whole ambience and service are great. The kids enjoy it and can watch the staff preparing meals. Have not had the courage to have my husband wear a tie to have it cut in half!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Food was cold not to good. cost was to high. Food was over priced.

1  Thank joe_garcia2009
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We ate here after I stumbled upon some forum discussions about it on TA and researched further - we were staying at the Wigwam Motel in San Bernardino and Pinnacle Peak is only 5 miles away. We drove past initially though because it is set back from the road and a more prominent small supermarket obscured it from view - driving back up La Cadena Drive we eventually spotted it.

Anyway, this is a steakhouse with a limited menu which prides itself on cooking over mesquite wood. It is decorated in western style with "brands" on the walls and wild west type memorabilia about the place. They have a tradition of removing patrons ties and hanging them from the rafters: you have been warned!

I chose the 15oz t-bone steak and my partner the fillet. All steaks are served with salad, country style bread and beans - additional sides are available as extras. In addition to these three, the fillet was accompanied by either a baked potato or corn on the cob. The t-bone was perfectly cooked and beautifully seasoned, soft, succulent meat. Unfortunately the fillet was underdone considering it was requested 'well done'. Our server was really helpful and she brought us samples of the various dressings so we could choose our preferences for the salads. It was a little lacking in atmosphere - perhaps because it was a Sunday evening and the place is big: if they'd only used one of the dining areas it would have been better. Also, the aircon meant it was a little chilly inside although it was a warm, almost muggy, evening. It was very good value for money and the t-bone was the tastiest steak I've had - and I like steak so I've had quite a few! It was worth the drive and the search.

1  Thank Grecofan