“Sierra Nevada House - dinner in Placerville”
Review of Sierra Nevada House - CLOSED

Sierra Nevada House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sierra Nevada House - dinner in Placerville”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was recommended to us by the owners of Bella Vista, and it was perfect. We were tired from travelling and didn't want to dress up too much, but wanted to have a good meal. We were completely and pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and the overall atmosphere of this restaurant on the corner, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Loved it, will eat here again.

Visited May 2013

Auburn
“A must while in Coloma”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here and was not dissapointed. An older hotel but with charm and history, but hey u are in gold country! I had butternut & spinch lasagne w/bechamel sauce, yum!! The menu was nice, something for everyone. Start with warm sourdough brd & clam chowder. Will come back in summer for outside lunch & wine!

Lotus, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food and Service in Coloma!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I frequent the Sierra Nevada House! The best thing that SNH has to offer is their service oriented staff. All are professional, friendly, fun, and real people that make sure your experience is the best it can be! That food could suck and I would still come here! But it doesn't suck. In fact, everything is great here, which is the hardest part about eating at SNH- deciding what to eat! The burger, pulled-pork sandwich, and the POT PIE, a personal new favorite! Seriously, everything is great on the menu. The bar is well stocked for those looking to put away some delicious brews, sip on a well made cocktail, or sample some local vineyards' yields. Come here, and you'll be happy.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank KelbyCM
Greenwood, California, United States
“Great Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went here for my birthday this year and was pleased with my restaurant choice! I'm a vegetarian and they had some great entrée options. I had the ravioli dish and it was delectable. The homemade bread was a pleasant surprise and the atmosphere was just perfect! Candles and everything!

Visited September 2012
Placerville, California
“Food was good, Service less than stellar”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I dined at the Sierra Nevada House Friday evening. It was the beginning of the American River Music Festival weekend, we had heard the the restaurant was under new ownership, we live within minutes away, and there was going to be live music on the patio. It sounded like a wonderful match. I must say that we have eaten numerous times over the years and pleased to hear that it had finally sold and hoped that the new management would improve the level of food and service that had fallen off over the years. It was refreshing to see that they were offering local wines, since we are blessed with a wonderful selection produced in our region such as David Girard, Lava Cap, etc. We ordered a bottle of wine that was not highly overpriced. The steamed clams were in a great garlic and butter broth. If you don't dip the sourdough bread in the broth, you are missing half the experience. We shared a caesar salad that was good, but not over the top. My husband had the cajun pasta and I had the catch of the day which was trout. Both were prepared well, served with mashed potatoes, and tasty. We finished off the meal with mudd pie...how can you go wrong with a chocolate-coffee-ice cream delight...you can't. The reason why the rating is not higher is that the service was less than stellar. Our server/waitress was not friendly, did not provide any helpful suggestions, I don't think she even smiled. To put it blunt, she had a negative attitude. We did not make any special requests nor demand anything from her. We are typically very good tippers, I left a 15% tip ($16) more for the crew who prepared the food, definitely not for the service. We stayed a while and and stood around listening to the guitarists performing on the patio. It was a busy night and seating was limited. We really would like to see one of our local restaurants be successful and hope that this was just an off night for what appeared to be a lead/supervisory waitress, because if the same service is repeated, we'll drive further and take our business down the road.

• Visited September 2012